Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2020 Nissan Versa (S model) and my head unit keeps rebooting. I've noticed that it happens under very specific conditions.
Whenever I'm using Bluetooth on my iPhone (6s running the latest iOS 13.4) to play music it will reboot. It seems to happen when I'm changing a music track on the steering wheel, on the head unit, or on the phone. It doesn't matter.
I doesn't matter what music app I use either. I've tried Spotify and Apple music.

I had the dealership replace the head unit since it started the day I bought it, but it still happens. Any advice?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Keep all your complains and dealership repairs well documented, insist on this being repaired/replaced as necessary, and review the lemon law in your state (yes, even for a mere head unit, because it prevents you from enjoying your recent purchase to the full extend).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep all your complains and dealership repairs well documented, insist on this being repaired/replaced as necessary, and review the lemon law in your state (yes, even for a mere head unit, because it prevents you from enjoying your recent purchase to the full extend).
Since they've already exchanged it, I'm wondering if this is a problem with the software of the unit. I just had my roommate sync up his phone to my car and it did to him twice. Luckily he recorded a video of it happening with my phone so I have proof that it's happening. I don't see anywhere in the menu where I can check the head unit's firmware.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It seems like you know under what conditions your head unit reboots, and you are able to replicate it. So you can try to do the same to another new 2020 Versa on a dealership lot and see if it is a software bug of entire batch of new Versas, or limited just to your car. Of course, this is applicable only if you are willing, out of goodness of your heart, to spend your time assisting dealership's service department to troubleshoot this problem. At this point they are on the hook to fix this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems like you know under what conditions your head unit reboots, and you are able to replicate it. So you can try to do the same to another new 2020 Versa on a dealership lot and see if it is a software bug of entire batch of new Versas, or limited just to your car. Of course, this is applicable only if you are willing, out of goodness of your heart, to spend your time assisting the dealership's service department to troubleshoot this problem. At this point, they are on the hook to fix this.
I never thought about trying this in another Vera altogether. That's a really great idea! Thank you! It may be something else besides something that was replaced in the head unit. Perhaps a faulty power supply that is affected by the BlueTooth or somehow. Good call!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts