Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I will be taking apart my dash to swap out the climate control module, I figured it would be a good time to change out the factory stereo. I store my music on my Android smartphone. Right now I have it connected to the aux jack when driving, but I'd like something that will allow me to use the steering wheel controls to switch songs. I'd like to keep it a double DIN if possible. Is there anything like this out there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 to O.G Tierdrop's response. Most stereos have an input for steering wheel audio control. It will be listed as a feature if they do. Unfortunately you do have to buy that expensive adapter.

I spent a long time researching this. I wanted a stereo that would let me activate voice commands on my android phone over bluetooth. I bought a Kenwood KDC-996, which I do not recommend. Although I can press a button to activate the voice recognition on the head unit, that functionality isn't mapped to the steering wheel controls. Even more infuriating, the blue tooth hangup button maps to the same functionality as the source button. So that's a completely waisted button. And the bluetooth pick up button (when not answering a call) opens the bluetooth menu that you have to use the head unit to navigate. So there's two buttons they could have mapped to voice command and didn't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.