Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to do some minor 'upgrades' to my car this winter. 'Just need your opinions & suggestions..

:question:
1. What is the best non-HID headlight bulb (HB2) replacement for our Versas, under $55?
I've read from other car forums that Sylvania Silverstar Ultras & Philips Crystal Visions doesn't last long (usually 3-6 mos.), but I'm not totally ruling them out. So what do you think? :smile5:

:question:
2. How do I install the aftermarket fog light bulbs?
'Been looking at this H8 Xenon Gas HID 12V 35w yellow bulb on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yellow-3000K-Xenon-Gas-HID-12V-35W-H8-Foglight-Bulb-/310278310156?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ANissan|Model%3AVersa&hash=item483e07490c) but I'm just worried that I may not be able to easily replace the OEM ones... I'm just planning to do all of this in the park because we don't have a garage. :facepalm::

Thanks again everyone!:banana:

·
Registered
446 Posts
SilverStar Ultra's are aaawwwwweeesome. Mine lasted 1 year almost to the day. Even knowing the shortened life I would still give them 2 thumbs up. I loved driving through a fresh snowfall with the brights on, it was like daylight!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Mogh - haha exactly what I had in mind :chuckle:..but I'm really unsure of the longevity and the price :wink5:

Hey, has anyone tried this Philips X-treme Power bulbs? They seem decent and more reliable than the Silverstars based on the reviews that I have read.

More opinions and suggestions please :banana:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have used the eurodezgins bulbs for about 3 yrs now, and they are good, but last about 1yr and that's it. Ive heard the Halo brand bulbs are good.

·
Registered
224 Posts
On the hunt for better bulbs myself, replacement of fog lamp bulbs is actually quite easy if you are using the factory fog lamp housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts