Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok why is it Nissan is the only one who makes it a pita to replace a headlight? is it complicated? no, but its a pain, and then if you freaking drop it while putting it in forget about it, just my little rant from changint a headlight a week ago, did one in the work van today and a piece of cake.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I notice that too. Its a headache to replace them. The sentra is much better then versa, but still fustrating. With the Versa, you cant see a thing your doing. U just have to feel around for the headlight, and the bracket, and all that good stuff. I agree its a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ok why is it Nissan is the only one who makes it a pita to replace a headlight? is it complicated? no, but its a pain, and then if you freaking drop it while putting it in forget about it, just my little rant from changint a headlight a week ago, did one in the work van today and a piece of cake.
Yea I agree, I put in Phillips Xtreme bulbs in mine and I have big hands so it was such a pain for me trying to get in there. It made me want to rip out the headlights :biggrinjester:

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aww man.... this doesn't sound promising at all... I have yet to change my bulbs from the stock ones....
its not that bad, just a pita, just make sure you have a light when trying to disconnect the wire that holds it in place, i could never seem to get it without seeing it

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I think that one of the things that makes it a pita to replace bulb is the little clip holding the bulb in place. I replaced mine with HIDs and man was is a pita. Not looking forward to when ever I decide to change headlights completely =(

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I wish it were easier to just remove the headlight. If only we could access the bolts underneath. I know when I've done headlights in the past its always been a couple bolts on top and the whole assembly comes right out, then you can take your time with it. I dread the day I'm gonna have to change bulbs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
An additional PITA is when you discover in -15C temperatures that the retaining clip on one of the headlight assemblies on your 2008 Versa is broken.

Some sources say that these replacement clips aren't sold separately, but come only with an entire headlight assembly. Can that be true?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts