1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend was following today, when we got to our destination he asked me

why you drive pushing the brake? :eek:ut:
I said I don't....... :nono:
you brake lights were on the whole time, I couldn't tell if you were braking or not :confused5:
I was like....that's not good :shocked:

walked outside and I pushed on the brake pedal and all 3 brake lights turned on and I released the brake pedal and and all 3 brake lights turned off, so that's okay.

Then I turned on the headlights and all 3 brake lights came on :neutral:

drove home with all 3 brake lights on, and they are super bright brake lights.
I was lucky I didn't get pulled over

I turn the headlights on and all 3 brake lights turn on

That is weird, never seen anything like it Help! :help:

then I saw this Versa with one taillight out

so he's driving with one tailLight out, and I'm driving with all 3 brake lights on without pushing the brake pedal

Does anyone know why is doing that?

I'm thinking maybe is the brake switch, but why does it do it only when the headlights are on? and not all the time or doesn't matter when it does it, it is still the brake switch?

I had headlights and taillights out, that's okay, but this is something I never had a problem with.

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
currently search online..... looks like other people had the same problem, chances are it is not the brake switch

still searching....

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the link, :thumb2:

basically the same problem,
I turn on the parking lights or the headlights on and all 3 brake lights come.
Something is telling the car all brake lights have to come on when I turn the headlights on.

instead of just turning the tailights on, something is making all 3 brake lights come on....

when the headlights are OFF, the brake lights work fine........

when the headlights are ON, all 3 brake lights come on..and not just the tail lights....

:idea:
maybe a taillight parking filament light bulb is not 1oo% bad so its making all 3 brake lights to come on? I will check tomorrow

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could it be the break pedal getting stuck?
I was thinking that too. the brake pedal getting stuck and hitting the brake switch but when I don't have the head lights on, all 3 brake lights work okay.
so if the brake pedal was stuck, then all 3 brake lights would stay on, even with the headlighs off and the car turned off.

this makes me think it is a bad light bulb with one of the rear parking filament light bulb malfunctioning. the computer doesn't know if the bulb is bad so it turns all 3 brake lights on.

I'm going to replace the taillight bulbs tomorrow, if that doesn't fix it, then it could be one the harness. that harness is such a tight fit

Thanks man! :thumb2:

·
Registered
639 Posts
You're welcome. :) Hope it helps.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're welcome. :) Hope it helps.
SHE'S FIXED!!!!! :thumb2:

the guy at the auto part store said it was the headlight switch, thank goodness it wasn't.

replaced the tail light bulbs, found out one light bulb was damaged.

the filament for the regular tailLight was touching the brake filament

so... the tail light bulb has 2 filament. A and B

Filament A for regular night time tail light
Filament B Braking only

on that one specific light bulb... the right side tailLight to be specific
somehow filament A was touching Filament B and by turning the headlights on, filament A was also sending electric current to filament B, and filament B was sending electric current to the other 2 brake lights, upper 3rd brake light and the Left side brake light causing all 3 brake lights to come on.

it was all a change reaction because of one simple light bulb and it kind of makes sense :thumb2:
never seen anything like it, glad its fixed and not something more complicated and expensive

Thank you yall for the help!!!!!!!!!

:party: :party: :party: :party:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me too, I was really worried about it because I drive at night when I come home from work and that's a major safety issue.

I was in awesome mood today and the fact today is Friday made it better LOL

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yeah :cop3:

I hate getting tickets because I have better things to do with that money.
like getting new shoes, or clothes, or pay bills, go out to eat, new floor mats, gas money ect.. I was lucky I didn't get one :stpatricks:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Glad it was an easy fix

1 - 14 of 14 Posts