Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mom has a 2019 Nissan Versa that I'm trying to figure out. Winter is here, and I'm at a loss on what to do..

Whenever you try to turn the heat on, no heat whatsoever. There's also tension in the knob when you turn it to the heat setting, as if you was trying to start your car. It can't go to the full heat setting because of the tension. Does it with the cold side as well but it goes all the way most of the time.

It's not the blower motor resistor, because the fan motor works fine, it's not the fan motor obviously, coolant was topped off on the reservoir tank but still didn't work, thermostat works properly because the idle temperature stays the same..

Just a little context to this story, she hit a deer like 2 months ago and had the damage fixed by a Nissan dealer. Heating problems didn't start until after they "fixed" the vehicle.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa Note SR HB
34 Posts
It’s the cable wire that attaches behind the dash. Someone probably didn’t attach it properly or really got it right on there too tightly. It also could be the dial itself as they are brittle plastic underneath but this is unlikely.

Unlike more expensive vehicles in which all climate control switches are digitally controlled by pressing or turning buttons, w/ the Versa you are actually physically moving things inside the dash.

Heck, the vent choice switch even has a little button attached to it behind the face plate, that depresses to activate the AC on automatically when you move it to the two vent settings on the far right. Then when you switch it back off of those, the button is no longer depressed and the AC will turn off once you press the AC button again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts