Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I recently got a 2014 Nissan Versa Note The other day I drove over a curb. When I was on my way home, I heard a "thunk". I saw this piece of metal on the road. I think it's a heat shield. Could it be from my car? Or is it just a coincidence that I drove over it? I looks pretty old to come from a 2014 vehicle, although it does say "Nissan" on it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
AviL

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hey All,

I recently got a 2014 Nissan Versa Note The other day I drove over a curb. When I was on my way home, I heard a "thunk". I saw this piece of metal on the road. I think it's a heat shield. Could it be from my car? Or is it just a coincidence that I drove over it? I looks pretty old to come from a 2014 vehicle, although it does say "Nissan" on it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
AviL
Only way to really tell is to take a look under the car and see if the heat shield is missing. If you use your car jack you just need to raise the car a few inches to get a view without actually going under it. I know the heat shield on my 2012 versa sedan was made of light metal, and not really well secured. Nissan used mounting bolts that were too small and the metal fatigued and the shield started to come lose and rattle. I used the same bolts to secure it back, only this time using large washers to improve the surface area contact. In one of your pictures, the mounting holes look like they were pushed out which was the exact same way mine looked prior to shield coming lose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only way to really tell is to take a look under the car and see if the heat shield is missing. If you use your car jack you just need to raise the car a few inches to get a view without actually going under it. I know the heat shield on my 2012 versa sedan was made of light metal, and not really well secured. Nissan used mounting bolts that were too small and the metal fatigued and the shield started to come lose and rattle. I used the same bolts to secure it back, only this time using large washers to improve the surface area contact. In one of your pictures, the mounting holes look like they were pushed out which was the exact same way mine looked prior to shield coming lose.
Thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts