Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new to the group but not to my Versa Note. IT'S PAID OFF! However, It's a 2014 and I have had to have a heat shield fix about 3 times and about to have it fixed again. I didn't see that anyone had a permanent fix for this issue. I am hoping I just missed it?
Peg

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've got a rattle at times on my 2015 Versa S at times too. I haven't been ambitious enough to track it down yet. On some of the smaller shields, I've wrapped a big stainless worm gear clamp (big hose clamp) around to snug it up. Others you can zip self tapping screws into to tighten them or just yank them off completely.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You will find that they are almost made of tin foil. You can go under the car and bend them any way you want. Several of us have found that removing the screws that hold them in place and putting a large washer under the screw head and then just putting the screw back in place will solve the problem.

I did mine a good six months ago and so far it is holding quite well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Go to a home parts store and get a few fender washers. I believe the ones i got from lowes were 2 inches or so in diameter. Replace the factory washers and you'll be good to go. My heat shields have been replaced multiple times but ever since I replaced the washers where the studs are, I haven't had an issue.

If you live in the rust belt, go ahead and put some Fluid Film or other type of rust preventative oil on the threaded studs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts