Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just had my first problem with my 16 SV Note at 53,000 mi.

The Heat shield was rattling like crazy. Put the car up on stand jacks and found that the mounting bolts had wallowed out the holes and the back end of the shield was just hanging loose. Took out the bolts, put in some large washers, bolted it back together.

That turned out to be an easy fix. :smile

·
Registered
679 Posts
Well I just had my first problem with my 16 SV Note at 53,000 mi.

The Heat shield was rattling like crazy. Put the car up on stand jacks and found that the mounting bolts had wallowed out the holes and the back end of the shield was just hanging loose. Took out the bolts, put in some large washers, bolted it back together.

That turned out to be an easy fix. :smile
Same here..........the heat shield might have been made out of tin foil. Used quarter sized washers..........did the trick.

·
Registered
985 Posts
You can even move the fastening points around if say you can't put a bolt there any longer. I use sheet metal screws and look at where I'm drilling into when I move locations or add a point here or there to tie the shields down better. Sometimes the metal just begins to vibrate in a moment that developed over time, I have fixed noise when the shield was tight by simply finding the vibration point and grabbing the shield right there by hand to bend it into a more complicated shape that then stops vibrating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts