Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a heated seat kit off eBay for my Versa. Anyone have experience installing them or removing the upholstery to install the pads? Any tips or pics of your installs would be nice.

Heres what i got:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I actually am going to order a set for the front two seats, just waiting for my new Seat covers to arrive so it can be installed under the seat covers. If I get them installed, it will probably be in the spring so I won't have a write up for a while.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I'd like to know how this goes too, I want to put them in my wife's Altima

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I'd like to know how this goes too, I want to put them in my wife's Altima
Would you have to take the original seats apart?

I have Clazzio's ordered, been waiting 5 weeks already, a few more and they should be done. Once they arrive then I can get the heated kit installed between the original seats and under the clazzios. :woot:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Id like to know how this works as well. I was thinking of either buying leather covers and heated things, or looking for a Sentra SL with leather seats. I found an 07 SL with front and rear leather seats for $200. IDK yet. See what you can do. It's always nice to be the first person to do something no one else has! :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It's always nice to be the first person to do something no one else has! :)
This is what I've been doing lately, and its kinda scary but exciting.

I too want heated seats but will probably wait until next fall to get them. It gets mighty cold here in Maine..

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I don't think I'd want to take the actual seats apart with the airbags inside. But if you buy seat covers you can install them under the seat covers. I've got the leather / PVC ones on the way from Clazzio ... those will need heat warmers as it would get very cold in the winter. Currently hovering at -12 this morning, with a crap load of snow. The drive in at 6am was awful ....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just getting ready to head out to Canadian Tire and pick up a portable heater for my garage and probably some fuse taps. Hopefully I'll get it done this afternoon. My plan is to take the seats out completely and try to remove the original upholstery. If all goes well I'll post pics of the whole thing.

·
Banned
342 Posts
If you take apart your seats and have an airbag issue ever say goodbye to your warranty. Especially the passenger seat. It has an occupancy sensor in it. Its very expensive to replace the sensor. I wouldnt reccomend this at all, and i have the same kit from my last car

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
for some manufacturers, the seat cover material is glued to the foam underneath. this may be problematic. i assume if the cover is not glued, there will be fewer complications. i don't know if this includes Versa, Sentra or Altima. proceed with caution:)keep us posted!

also, when i go to do mine, there's no point imo to heat the backing, just heat the bottom, cuz my coat is insulating me from the back. thus i don't have to mess with the air bag in the backing either:)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
If you take apart your seats and have an airbag issue ever say goodbye to your warranty. Especially the passenger seat. It has an occupancy sensor in it. Its very expensive to replace the sensor. I wouldnt reccomend this at all, and i have the same kit from my last car
for some manufacturers, the seat cover material is glued to the foam underneath. this may be problematic. i assume if the cover is not glued, there will be fewer complications. i don't know if this includes Versa, Sentra or Altima. proceed with caution:)keep us posted!

also, when i go to do mine, there's no point imo to heat the backing, just heat the bottom, cuz my coat is insulating me from the back. thus i don't have to mess with the air bag in the backing either:)
This is why I won't be ripping apart the original seats. I don't think it's a good idea. I'll be sitting the heating elements on top of my original seats. The new covers will be super snug and keep them held in securely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really I dont touch the airbag module or occupancy sensor in any way during the install. The only time I have to be careful is when disconnecting the cables for them before taking the seat out. So far I've put the passenger seat back in and no problems. I'm abut to put the driver back in right now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

In my Versa the seat fabric is held in with upholstery rings and velcro. I just cut the rings and slipped it off.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
This is something I really want I can't wait to see a how-to I have done seats before at a previous job

1 - 16 of 16 Posts