Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After I had the AC evaporator replaced, I noticed the climate control directing air to the feet wasn't working. Not so critical in the summer, but will be a problem soon.
So with the assistance of Nissan Factory Service Manual, dug in and here's what i found...
1. Via the psgr side, removed side of center console kick plate
2. Remove glovebox eight screws, note handy alignment pins beside the screws for reinstall
3. CLOSE GLOVEBOX, unplug glovebox light, toss glovebox into back seat
4. Remove that module, tuck it above out of harm's way
5. Remove three screws holding psgr heat duct. This one is closest to front of Versa, just below duct outlet

Attachments

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
6. Remove duct screw closest to rear of vehicle. Not shown is screw #3 , at top of duct. A bit more contortion required but not bad :p remove the duct
7. At center of pic is vertical white plastic linkage, note greased pin in middle of link. The screw to its right is in the cover over the new evaporator. Above that I believe is the blower fan...hopefully I'll never need to replace THAT, it's waaaay in there. Hmmm it is a moving part and a natural mechanism to wear out
***Has any one needed to replace the blower yet???***I'm at 248800km, so far so good
8. Since it's mostly plastic, tuck the errant link into both the heater door linkage [also white plastic] and the larger black plastic master linkage, which is connected directly to the climate control selector knob. The FSM calls it Mode Selector, switching between vents, heater and defroster ducts.
As stated in manual, check for smooth operation of climate control ducts before reassembling everything.
9. Bonus pic showing general area

Reassembly is reversing all steps.
NOTE to assist glovebox: Install the bottom right screw first. It seems to be the furthest out of alignment with the screw holes, so you need as much play as you can get to realign. The alignment pins will also help hold the glovebox in place while you throw in the first screw...handy if you don't have a helper.

Intuitively it seems this is not a common breakdown, but don't be intimidated if you have to replace any linkages, or the blower motor, or the blower resistor. You can do it!

Much thanks Ken B and others I have missed, who directed me to the Nissan service manual, via www.nicoclub.com/FSM and thanks to NICO too

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
You saved me a bunch of time thanks for the great documentation. They use the same design for that arm that popped out on the 2012 Versa Hatchback. A couple different screws on the bottom vent that I ended up not removing because it would have been a pain to get it back in-place.

Thanks again, Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts