Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in my late 20s, from Brampton, ON.
I just traded my 2001 Pathfinder Le(200KM) to 2010 Versa S, VOP package+14500. Is it too much?

I wish i'd found this forum before I bought it. I will pick it up by Monday or Tuesday. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Tammy

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

Is that the total price out the door? If so, that's not too bad for a brand new car here in Canada. What colour did you buy? Auto or manual?

I live in Hamilton Ontario! Maybe you can come to the next Versa meet (whenever and wherever we decide, lol).

I hope you enjoy your Versa. It's a great little car!

Be sure to post up pics when you get it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
name on B.O.S

The SALE REP didn't put my full name on Bill of Sale. I requested to change and they refused to do so and asked me to go to Licence office to change my driver license. Is this right? I checked my old ownership and sending email requesting them to do same as old one. Let's see what will happen. Any advice?
Thank a lot.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yes and no.

I used to be a manager at a dealer over here in cali. and with out the correct name on all documents. its not valid. well thats just here in cali. every state has there own rules. do you want to give it back and get it from another dealer?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tammy

Yes, since I think they are not very honest after I deposited, signed the contract. The Sales Lady had told me she located the car and it's there. I showed up, she was not there, the Sales Manager said it's the compound, I can't see it with another Salesperson. Now, how do check the title of the car?
They said it should be less than 50km on the new one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alta Nissan, avoid them as I think they are lazy and unprofessional. I called OMVIC and they advice me to request name change in writing or else, call them back. AP Nissan, be careful as well. There was monkey biz when I service my other vehicle, so I stayed away from them for so long and started dealing with Alta. However,it's just a bunch of BS.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Alta Nissan, avoid them as I think they are lazy and unprofessional. I called OMVIC and they advice me to request name change in writing or else, call them back. AP Nissan, be careful as well. There was monkey biz when I service my other vehicle, so I stayed away from them for so long and started dealing with Alta. However,it's just a bunch of BS.
Sorry to hear about all your problems.

I bought mine from Plaza Nissan in Hamilton. I avoid going there for maintenance and oil changes because they are too pricey; but for buying a vehicle they have great customer service. My brother even went back to the same salesperson a year later to buy his new car.
the dealer came up with.

When were you supposed to pick up your car?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'm good friends with the guys in the shop at Airport cause most of them I went to school with, so I know who im dealing with and know what to see if they mess up on me lol. I'm just gonna be going to the dealership for my free oil changes. After those are done im taking care of the car myself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today. I have not slept since the night I signed the deal. I came with no experience. As a salesperson myself, I tried not be difficult as my customers but that didn't help in return. I think they took me as stupid.

I sell for living and always try to be as honest as possible to my customers, but I think my company is the only company left doing that.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Today. I have not slept since the night I signed the deal. I came with no experience. As a salesperson myself, I tried not be difficult as my customers but that didn't help in return. I think they took me as stupid.

I sell for living and always try to be as honest as possible to my customers, but I think my company is the only company left doing that.
Sorry to hear that. When were you supposed to pick up your car? Today?

·
Registered
444 Posts
And they haven't delivered yet?!?!

I would bitch for a rental. You paid for a car, and you don't have one. Seems like common sense that they should give you something in the meantime.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the forums Tammy,

It's truly unfortunate that you had such a bad experience purchasing the versa. I know exactly where you're coming as my dealings were just as terrible and my sales rep was pretty much useless. It's funny because he's no longer employed at Nissan.

Although I still go to my dealer for certain parts because they are very helpful and tries to give me a good rate. But the sales guy are there to ripe you off and they don't care once you sign the contract.

The dealership should copy everything from your license. If your ownership is not exactly like your license than I would recommend getting the dealership to take care of their mistake. Don't let them make it your problem when its evidently theirs...

However if for example you didn't have your middle name on your license but would like it on the ownership that would have to be dealt with by Ministry of Transportation (MOT). This can be a pain, as they will have to prove that you are who you say you are. Not worth the trouble....

Name Changes
If you require a name change or correction to your vehicle permit, please complete and submit an application for registration form and provide applicable official documentation listed below at the nearest Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office. Your old permit is required to process changes.
Type of Change Required Proof
Adopted Name
* Court Order for Adoption Change of Name Certificate

Singular Name
* US or Canadian Birth Certificate
* Canadian Certificate of Indian Status
Common Law Name
* Change of Name Certificate
Revert to Former Name
* Marriage Certificate issued by governments indicating former name e.g. birth name
* US or Canadian Birth Certificate indicating birth name
* Canadian Citizenship Card with photo/Permanent Resident Card/Record of Landing (Form IMM 1000)/Confirmation of Permanent Residence (Form IMM 5292), containing former name
* Court Order for Divorce
* Certified copy of Marriage Certificate
* Certified copy of Statement of Live Birth (issued by Ontario only).
Married Name
* Marriage Certificate (issued by governments)
* Certified copy of Marriage Certificate
Legal Name Change
* Court Order
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/getinfo.shtml

I strongly suggest you make sure the ownership is exactly like your license because it will only cause you more problems in the future. If you ever decide to sell, report it stole, or even reporting vehicle damage. Better to have it resolved now to save yourself the grief if anyone ever doubted your ownership. It most likely will never happen but you never know.

The contract should stipulate that if the car exceeds a certain amount of kilometers it is no longer deemed "NEW". When the car is handed over to you, make sure you read the mileage on the dash. Compare that with the contract, and make a stink if it is over what was written (Should not exceed 50KM). When I got mine it was at 30 km.

Last but not least this is what my terms say in regards to delays in the deliver of the vehicle.

"If the Vehicle is to be ordered from the manufacturer and you are unable to deliver the Vehicle to me within 90 days of the date of this agreement, you will notify me in writing of th reason for the delay and thereafter either one of us may cancel this Agreement by giving written notice of the cancellation to the other person. Unless we agree in writing to a new delivery date, this agreement will be cancelled automatically at the end of the 5 day period following my receipt of your notice of the delay. If you are unable to deliver the vehicle to me by the new delivery date, this agreement will be cancelled automatically. If this agreement is cancelled for any of the above reasons, you will return my deposit and neither one of us will have any further obligations under this agreement"

But it only applies if it is purchased from the manufacturer

Hope it helps!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.