·
Registered
321 Posts
Welcome! I like your color as well!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forums. I like that color. Auto or manual?

And NVF is better than CarDomain...just saying. ;)
It's an auto. I didn't have a choice, because I got it used. But, for $400 more, I went from getting the 1.6L with power nothing, to the 1.8L with almost power everything.

As for NVF being better, I don't really hold one higher than the other. But, so far, it seems like it will be better, as far as getting the help I need finding parts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only problem with the one I was looking at, brand new, it didn't come with a radio at all, and I didn't have the money to put one in.

Right now, the only mods, besides switching it to full syn oil, is some front floor mats that I got for Christmas last year. I've been looking for parts, but my funds are very tight, so nothing will happen anytime soon. However, my exhaust pipe before the muffler snapped, so I've been looking for a new muffler for my car. Kinda want to get a full exhaust system, but I can't afford to spend $400 on the DC one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
some people on here sell their dc catback, keep checking the site to see.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Mine came radioless as well but I kept the one off my old car and installed it.

And I've heard about the muffler doing that before. Im not a big fan of exhaust systems so I would just get a replacement but thats me, DC sports, on the other hand, makes good products so Im sure it ould be worth the money.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi and welcome! No funds? Nah, in time it will come ;-) But maybe for now, try the Home Depot lip or perhaps debadging your Versa? Or maybe painting your engine cover? Or maybe ask around your neighborhood for some used parts or check Craigslist.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine came radioless as well but I kept the one off my old car and installed it.

And I've heard about the muffler doing that before. Im not a big fan of exhaust systems so I would just get a replacement but thats me, DC sports, on the other hand, makes good products so Im sure it ould be worth the money.
It's a pain in the ass having such a new car. My first car I started working on, a 93 Civic DX hatchback, the parts were so cheap it was easy to find them. But, with my Versa, even just an aftermarket muffler is over $200. I saw this one on there and was gonna get it, then I saw the price of it...I think what I'm gonna do is just leave it as it is until I absolutely have to get it fixed, which will be when I have to get my car emission tested. But, I got under it and looked this morning, and the pipe from the cat back is supported plenty enough, so there's no big hurry in fixing it, at least for me. And, as for a factory replacement, that is still almost $200, which is way more than I can afford...I'm a student, so I can barely afford anything right now...

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I hear you, my 1st car was a '90 Accord so Im used to going to pick-n-pulls and getting whatever it needed. With the Versa mods have been slower...college student as well so we're on the same boat.

As for the muffler itself, I'd look around. I've heard of a couple members with the same issue and they just go straight pipe. Now, how much are those? I got a quote for like $70. Straight back from the header, not the greatest on MPGs but sounds better, if thats you're going for(not me).

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome pal.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm leaving my car almost straight piped right now. I got the pipe from the cat back held up with tie wire to the muffler to keep that pipe from rattling on that crossmember under the exhaust. So, right now, it's running kinda half through the muffler and half out of it. Now, until I get the funds for an aftermarket system, I'm just gonna leave it like that. But, I also have to deal with emission testing here. So, that will make me fix it, eventually...Lol.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I hear ya. A few folks had rusted thru pipes at the flange immediately before the muffler. It's a cheap fix to simply weld in new pipe instead of the flange.The mufflers usually last a while. Had the original muffler in my Sentra til i sold it with 300000+km...did have to replace the flex pipe on that though.
PS i also use synthetic oil, every 10000km, but i buy whatever is on sale:)
Edit: does your emission testing say mandatory muffler? We don't have to test ours here until car is seven years old

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I believe that a muffler is mandatory for the emissions testing. I love the way my car sounds without the muffler though. I've thought about getting a glasspack muffler, like a Cherry Bomb, and gutting it, so it's still straight piped, but the emissions place can't ding me for not having a muffler.

Edit: I'm not sure how long the span is until I have to get my car emissions testing, but I think it's either 5 or 7 years.

Also, from the thread you made about your exhaust, the factory exhaust piping is all 2" diameter, right?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
i believe it's the next size smaller than 2" whatever that is. mechanic had to bump up to 2" to fit the tip lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.