Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and wishing all of you well.

I just got a 2012 Versa S hatchback and was wondering what K&N filter to get. I did a few searches and realized that the new sedan and the hatchback have different engine sizes and different size filters. I'm hoping to install one for the time being. Thanks in advance.

Jack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Sergmx,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm a 43 year old dude initially buying the Versa for practical use and work. But it's an interestingly fun car so I'm hoping to pep it up a little. I see nice cars here and I think maybe wheels will be next. Will explore more of all the members cool rides. Best wishes.

Jack

·
Registered
690 Posts
Manual is the only way to go for Versa's. Don't know how all you guys with CVT's and auto's can drive these cars with slushboxes. As i've said before, these close ratio boxes make it fun in the city.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome Jack, I share your demographic :thumbup:
Best fun upgrade I made was going to low profile rubber.
Next was muffler delete, if allowed in your area.
And as mentioned, manual the only way to hit the on ramp rally.
Welcome !

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi good people,

Unfortunately, my S is auto as I'm keeping it mellow for my wife and I. But it's all good and I'm really happy with it. I have two other manual trans car so I can get my adrenaline fix through them.

My next probable search is: to get Enkei 92 wheels (15x7) with black mesh. I've done a search and if I'm correct they weight 20lbs. The stock 15" steel wheels I don't know the weight for. I'm debating whether to get the wheels simply because I don't my ride to be hindered in its pep. I did some searches here and some folks say the TPMS might have issues with wheel changes? If the Enkeis are not that much heavier than the stockers, then I will likely purchase it.

I have some Mille Miglia Cellos (16x7) that was on my Sentra and am contemplating putting them on, but again, I'm trying to stay light. Here's a pic from a search: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/chard/Audi/APRKit027.jpg

The cellos have some curb rash so if it goes on I'm going to first have to have the wheel repaired.

Currently I'm looking for a blank key (got the car off auction) as I don't have a 2nd one. I did a few searches and I believe I need to get one with the transponder but they don't seem to have one on amazon for the '12 (they have up to '11 only). Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated. I do have the keyless entry fob, however, so that's nice.

Thanks everyone. Peace.

Jack

·
Registered
690 Posts
20lbs for a 15 is a little heavy, my Sentra Spec V 5 spoke 17's are only 20 lbs. More rim, more weight so keep that in mind too. TPMS i don't know what type of system a 2012 uses. If it's just valve stem sensors then either buy another new set of sensors (not cheap, plus programming), transfer the OEM sensors, or go with conventional rubber stems and live with a constant flashing tire light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.