Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm a happy owner of a 2009 Versa SL. About a year ago I noticed the vinyl on the armrests on both the driver and passenger side doors coming loose. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I asked my local dealer about this and was told "it was a known problem" but they could only replace the panels at ~$400/panel.
Anyone have a better solution? I'm looking to see if I can remove the panels and re-attach the vinyl in some way.

Shawn

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe try a different dealership if there is one nearby. I have a 2009 S model and the dealership replaced mine at no charge. If that doesnt work then try tucking the material back into the door, (i used a flat blade screwdriver to get into the cracks) that worked for me until i took my car in to get the panel replaced.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Mine is an 09, and I experienced the same problem. I took mine to the dealership in 2010, and it was replaced under warranty no questions asked. You need to go back there, and be firm with them. I personally wouldn't leave till they agreed to fix it. Trust me it works. I had a blown tire sensor in my 2010 Sentra and it was pulling to the right, told them it is only 4 months old and I want the sensor replaced and an alignment done for free. I said it's only 4 months old, and I should NOT be experiencing these things. They took it in, with no questions asked and fixed them for free.

·
Registered
643 Posts
yes, be firm! they replaced my door panel and i also had them replace my grill because the silver stuff on the front had a bubble on it...it wasn't caused by a stone chip or anything, it was a manufacturing issue...we got them to replace that, too :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, about a year ago I had both door panels replaced under warranty. A couple of weeks ago, I had to have the driver door panel replaced again under warranty, for the same reason. The fabric is pulling loose on the arm rest. Apparently, the replacement parts are not any better than the original.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same happened to me on my 2010 Versa .. out of warranty. I went to a repair shop, and got quote for about $120
to fix the vinyl. I thought that a bit much, so what I did was took a flat blade screw driver and pushed the vinyl
back in its groove until it looked good. Then I put masking tape along both sides of the groove .. very close .. and
carefully wiped Shoe Goo rubber glue into the grooves all the way around. I did this until I was satisfied that
enough glue had been squeezed into the grooves .. and also that the glue was down in the groove and not
visible .. or not very visible .. just barely visible. Then I immediately removed the masking tape. Sure enough,
the glue had penetrated the grooves, and was just barely visible and looked very neat. I let it dry for a couple
of hours, and checked for looks. Looks fine, and the total repair cost me about $ 1.00 ... if that. :) Note: I used
my finger to wipe the glue into the groove ... seems to help judge just the right pressure, and gives smooth
finish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.