Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i am a n00b, but have been a versa owner for the past year with it's ups and downs.

i was wondering any fellow so cal versa owners if you can recommend an auto shop where i can have several stuff installed on my versa (e.g front spoiler, c.intake, strut bar etc) it would be very helpful i dont want a crappy service or taken advantage of by the pros just because im a girl! :) i would have my older brother since he claims to know how but i just want to check out the pros first after all the economy needs the money ha

thanks for taking time to read this!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Welcome! Always nice to see other females interested in their Versa's.

Is the strut bar an upper front strut bar (under the hood). If so, that is super easy to install. My brother installed mine, but it just requires bolting it in (and you can use the bolts that are already there).

If your brother can install some of the things for you, and knows how, then get him to do it. It will save you some money. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome to NVF! More female owners are great to have along with new input and ideas!

And yes, the front strut bar is very easy to install...whether you or your brother install it. Other than that, just about anything you could have questions/comments on can most likely be found on the forum already...and if it's not, just ask! We don't believe in criticizing or turning down anyone's questions on here so don't worry! :D

Again, welcome fellow Versa owner!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the friendly welcomes! iuvmyversa08,klrversa. yes i am very eager to keep updating my car and im not going to let my lack of car knowledge stop me! Im looking forward to having my versa looking as good as everyone else on NISSANVERSAFORUMS.COM ! and so far it looks like with the help of you fellow versa owners i'll get there sooner then i had hoped lol

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
yes it is! that's true the more i can do at home the more i can save :)
That is very true.

I have learned how to change the in cabin filter, the engine filter, and the oil filter (next oil change I'll do it with my dad guiding me through it). I love knowing that everything that has been done to my car has been installed at home by me, my dad, or my brother.

It will definitely save you money in the long run.

Any pictures of your Versa????

·
Registered
425 Posts
Lol ... Well that's good that he helps you guys out! I wish you guys lived over here ... Once my brother moves to Ottawa, who will help me ?
DUN DUN DUN!!!! :lol:

ok i have decided for you. you are moving to so cal then :)

think about it nothing to worry about here. sunny skies almost everyday, movie stars, disneyland and the so cal versa crew :D what more can anyone ask for.

:party:

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
LOL! I could never move that far away from my family. All of my relatives (except one aunt, who lives in Australia) live here in Hamilton.
I love being close to everybody. But that is a tempting offer, lol!

I could be visiting you guys down there next week though :) But I won't have my Versa, so I can't get anything installed :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the welcome missnic & tKowReCkLeSs! yes i have some pictures and yes in southern california los angeles to be exact. im thinking of purchasing the stillen front spoiler and the new grill this friday and maybe the strut but for sure the spoiler so if fellow versa pros can do it then the better! ha ill be glad to drive and meet you guys who love and appreciate this car as much as i do! and by the way i agree with tKowReCkLeSs about the sunny skies etc haha :)

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
thanks for the welcome missnic & tKowReCkLeSs! yes i have some pictures and yes in southern california los angeles to be exact. im thinking of purchasing the stillen front spoiler and the new grill this friday and maybe the strut but for sure the spoiler so if fellow versa pros can do it then the better! ha ill be glad to drive and meet you guys who love and appreciate this car as much as i do! and by the way i agree with tKowReCkLeSs about the sunny skies etc haha :)
Lol ... But we have sunny skies here too (for a few months out of the year, lol).

What's the weather like right now over there? My dad said it wasn't too hot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the weather is wierd lol if you were visiting youd think it was gonna rain as soon as u woke up and walked out the door its windy cloudy cold but nope cloudy skies clear up around 12 1 pm and its clear blue skies and cool breeze through out the day! right now its perfect weather for lets just say u can drive without the a/c on other days a/c is a must!!!!!! lol

and here are some pics of my kiddo not sure if its going to work but here it goes

and here is a pic of what every nissan versa owner doesnt want to see!!!!!!

(BEWARE graphic pictures below viewer discretion is advised)

!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Is that last pic of your Versa? I would never want that to happen. I'd be very upset if it did.

My dad said that it gets very light really early in the morning there and then is dark kind of early?

Right now it's 9:30pm and still 70F. It's been in the 80's lately. We get the humidity really bad over here. So it can get very very sticky. But we can't really complain too much because the majority of our weather here is cold, rainy, or snowy! So when we get heat, we try to enjoy it (at least I do) :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes your dad is correct in the morning i get up around 5 15 5 30 am and its bright but right now its about to be 7 pm and it stills blue sunny skies! yes just like how i enjoy rainy days lol

yes unfortunately it is :( my cousin crashed it one early morning into a parked car while driving out of my street! and the funny thing was that i was watching him leave and turn the street corner then walking back into the house i heard a loud crash and i thought it could of been my car and waited a few to see if my cousin would run back or something and nope so i went back inside as if nothing!!!!!! grrr...but its back to being pretty and no difference in performance what so ever!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
yes your dad is correct in the morning i get up around 5 15 5 30 am and its bright but right now its about to be 7 pm and it stills blue sunny skies! yes just like how i enjoy rainy days lol

yes unfortunately it is :( my cousin crashed it one early morning into a parked car while driving out of my street! and the funny thing was that i was watching him leave and turn the street corner then walking back into the house i heard a loud crash and i thought it could of been my car and waited a few to see if my cousin would run back or something and nope so i went back inside as if nothing!!!!!! grrr...but its back to being pretty and no difference in performance what so ever!
Wow! Sorry to hear that happened to your car. But it's good that she's back to normal!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.