Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Versa owner here 2015 S Sedan. Base model, no power package (windows, door locks, etc.) No rear speakers...wtf! lol...just the way I want it, cheap and good on gas! I opted for the manual transmission. No city traffic near me. Driving mostly back-road residential and highway. I rarely go over 65 MPH on the highway unless to pass a real slow poke. Fuel computer has me averaging 42.3 MPG on 87 octane. On the back residential roads its between 25 and 40 MPH.

Very pleased with the fuel economy. A few things I miss...center console armrest and a trunk release button. I'm kinda missing the power door locks and a pager gizmo as well.

Car seems kinda lite. Every car that passes me, which is just about all of them, you can feel the car getting that push from the wind. The 18-wheelers really give you a shove.

Overall, very pleased with the car in this price range and class. I went for fuel economy this time around. I doubt those CVT trannies are doing much better than me with the MPG. I considered a CVT, but was reading a few negatives...like after 60K watch out, that is where some start getting some trouble, and the repairs and service aren't cheap.

This 5 speed kinda takes me back to when I once purchased a new '91 Mercury Tracer. I really liked the car, it was great on gas, but had traded it in on a new '97 Camry. I always regretted losing that car. It had a little Mazda engine balanced very nice over the front axle making it a good little car in the snow as well. I'm hoping this Versa Sedan will also do okay on the snow with all seasons.

I might take it to a local customizing shop and have some rear speakers put in the car. I am also looking for one of those aftermarket armrest contraptions.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Welcome fellow CT guy. I can't comment on the note but my 09 versa sedan sucks in the snow and I too get blown around from other vehicles or a light breeze. It's actually scary at times. You will get semi used to the squirliness of it.

I have new all weather tires on this year and am hoping it's a little better. I need some dedicated snow tires really for any hope of having decent traction in the snow but I drive probably 12-15k miles during the snow season here. I drive about 30k miles yearly. So I'm scared to waste the hundreds of dollars on snow tires just to wear them out in one season.

Where in CT are you from? I live in the Middletown, Meriden, Middlefield section. Right where 691 becomes 66.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where in CT are you from? I live in the Middletown, Meriden, Middlefield section. Right where 691 becomes 66.
I am Windam County, Moosup/Central Village area.

Not glad to hear car sucks in the snow. Well, like any other vehicle I guess just have to take your time and be careful. I know what you mean about investing in a set of snows, especially if you do a lot of driving and they going to wear quick on you.

Charlie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.