Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm Bill in Houston, Texas. I'm thinking of buying a Versa hatchback soon and glad to find this site. Problem is I want a 6 speed manual and it's been hard to find one on the car lot. Of course there's no hurry-still have 6 payments left on my Mercury Grand Marquis and want to keep it too. I checked with 2 dealers about special ordering a car. They talked like it can be done but seem like they're not very interested in going that route. Did any of you special order yours?----Seems like nowadays if you want a manual transmission you're an outcast:frown5:

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!

The dealer I bought my car from didn't have the colour & options I wanted so they located one for me. If they want to make a sale, they will find one for you.
Are you buying brand new or used? And what trim level? S or SL?

·
Registered
993 Posts
all most everyone wants an A/T it just easy, but I like manual its fun, more fuel efficient, plus I like the control to drop gears when needed. I habe heard good things about the cvt working well, but then your paying more.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
welcome to the forum and I agree if they want the sale they will find your car just tell them what you want and be like if y'all cant find it for me I will go to someone that will, make it know that you will walk out and go somewhere else, then they may be able to find you one if they think they will loose the sale.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Welcome. I wanted a manual and trim didnt matter so I got a base model...those are more likely to find in manual. I would try different dealerships, some are more willing to work with you than others. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I want to buy a new one-probably trim S. I think the SL only comes in auto transmission??? I found a company that sells an aftermarket cruise control for the Versa-would need to find a shop to install it if I end up with one without c control.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi. Just wait til they actually have one in. You're not in a rush to get it anyway and have 6 more payments left. If they do have that 6 speed in soon, you can have them hold it for you, with or w/o a deposit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome bro hope you get your V soon....Have you gone to baker jackson nissan at 610? go check there usually there pretty cool and are willing to work with you. Thats where i got my versa 6 speed dude :).

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I want to buy a new one-probably trim S. I think the SL only comes in auto transmission??? I found a company that sells an aftermarket cruise control for the Versa-would need to find a shop to install it if I end up with one without c control.
Sounds good. You can always get an S and convert it to SL(sports package). :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.