Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

I am a newbie and was hoping to import a car from overseas. Can you please guide me where I can seek the best in cars? I have been told that used Japanese cars are ruling the marketplace and have heard a lot about Prime Autos Japan. Has anyone here had the experience of making a purchase from them. Would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Gratitude in advance.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hey guys,

I am a newbie and was hoping to import a car from overseas. Can you please guide me where I can seek the best in cars? I have been told that used Japanese cars are ruling the marketplace and have heard a lot about Prime Autos Japan. Has anyone here had the experience of making a purchase from them. Would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Gratitude in advance.
Can't really give you any advice about importing a car from overseas other than making sure that is complies with all the emission and safety guidelines here in the states.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You worry should be about being able to title it here in the USA. Maybe start with visiting a web site of your state's DMV and see what kind of regulations they have about self-imported vehicles, or give them a call.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Im on the fence that this maybe spam, but since it was written well Ive held off on deleting it and BANNING the user for life. >:D

CharlesHarrop, what vehicle do you have in mind? Usually they have an age limit to import the car to the US legally. Plan B is to hack the car up into 2 shipments. Assuming you get it here safely and back together registering it will be an issue unless its for track of nonstreet purposes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts