Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... I found this site a while ago and thought I'd join up. I'm originally form Europe now living in Florida and own a Blue 6 speed 2009 Versa S. It's all stock apart from the tint which is almost mandatory this far south. I would like to add a double din CD/MP3/WMA with USB/Aux in but haven't found the right model that fits with budget just yet.

My poor wee versa was recently in an accident which from the outside didn't look too bad. Apparently under the shell there was more damage to be found. All is now fixed apart from my drivers seat but that's an issue I need to fight my insurance on lol. I have to hand it to the body shop they did overall do an impressive job.

There it is.. blue and the same as all the others lol

This of course before the tint but looking kind of tropical...

After the crash...

Almost $4,000 later it's all fixed!

Is it just me or does the Versa look like it's being strangled when looked at from the rear? I mean look at those red bulging out taillights lol!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol. I just can't wait until it's at zero ... Then I can get something else. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree I can't wait either till I get to zero I'm at around 34 at the minute. When I hit zero I'm thinking I may do a few things to my car with the extra cash! Still trying to decide if I should drive it till it dies or trade up in another 3 or 4 years.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I agree I can't wait either till I get to zero I'm at around 34 at the minute. When I hit zero I'm thinking I may do a few things to my car with the extra cash! Still trying to decide if I should drive it till it dies or trade up in another 3 or 4 years.
Ya I'm gonna keep it as a winter car and I will definitely be buying the new Beetle at that time. VW has said that a Turbo-Diesel engine will be introduced to the Beetle in the future. So I'm hoping that in two years it will have that model available. I may look at getting one from the US, depending on the price difference. It would be a waste of money to sell the Versa at that time. I'd lose a lot of money on her, and she would still be only five years. I'd rather store the VW for the winter. Versa is a good car, I still love her and can't part with her. But the beetle has always been my dream car. I want to own a new one :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Ya I'm gonna keep it as a winter car and I will definitely be buying the new Beetle at that time. VW has said that a Turbo-Diesel engine will be introduced to the Beetle in the future. So I'm hoping that in two years it will have that model available. I may look at getting one from the US, depending on the price difference. It would be a waste of money to sell the Versa at that time. I'd lose a lot of money on her, and she would still be only five years. I'd rather store the VW for the winter. Versa is a good car, I still love her and can't part with her. But the beetle has always been my dream car. I want to own a new one :)
If they put the TDI in the NB Cabriolet, :yikes: I would like to see that!
I've seen some interesting TDI transplants, but one from the factory would be dreamy:thumb2:

aidan80 welcome!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
If they put the TDI in the NB Cabriolet, :yikes: I would like to see that!
I've seen some interesting TDI transplants, but one from the factory would be dreamy:thumb2:

aidan80 welcome!
It's gonna be in the Beetle but it won't be available right away. They have not said if a cabrio model will be introduced. But either way, once kitty's payments are done I'm gonna buy a Beetle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome! Car looks great with the tint!

Its amazing how much damage can actually be done that might not be immediately visible in an accident like yours. My mother was rear ended lightly (no visible damage on the outside) in one of my old cars and after that the trunk wouldn't open.

Mmmm diesel... I heard rumours... so possibly this is totally false, but I heard rumours of some sort of diesel hybrid.

I miss my 1995 Jetta turbo diesel. My dad got it new, and when I sold it in 2006, it had 450,000km on it. Relatively problem free. Only major thing was the headgasket went at around 325,000km. Also cruise control worked only intermittently towards the end. Car still ran, I should have kept it :(. Somehow it was still on its original clutch, even after my sister, myself and most of our friends learned to drive standard in it. No slippage whatsoever.

Man I miss that car :( I will definitely be keeping my Versa till it dies. Looking forward to not having payments anymore!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Cool man, I was close to trading my sedan for an '09 hatch just like yours back in January, same color and everything.

Have you done any mods to yours?
None yet I've been working on paying it off then spending the extra to add a few bits. While I wait I had thought about adding a computer but honestly I think a flex ATX type PC type device is just too bulky and costs quite a bit. A theory I've tossed around is taking a Nook and modifying that to fit in dash then connecting it to my cars computer to get an output on engine codes, speed etc.. not to mention let it run to the net and google navigation via wifi from my phone. This would would require writing some custom applications but.. I think I might enjoy the challenge of doing in-dash entertainment on the "cheap" lol!

If cash allowed at the minute and I have some I may spend.. If I don't go the nook route I may put in a double Din CD/MP3 player with aux/usb etc. I'd jump on a set of alloys if I found the right set or found a good set of stock alloys. I may add other small things.. e.g center console and put a light in the glove box lol Nothing major.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thats good I wasn't sure if they even had turbo diesels over here? Diesels are all but standard for a lot of cars back home. Remembering there's a difference in the US gallon vs the UK/Ireland Gallon a car like a diesel Fiesta is getting a reported 65mpg in Europe vs the "petrol" version over here. Diesel and battery power combined are a great option.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the VW, yes the Versa is a great car and I have to admit the best money I've spent on a car to date. I've tossed around the idea of trading for an SL and I have to be honest I actually think even through it's been hit in the rear I may just keep it. I like the colour, how it drives still feels exactly the same just that stupid drivers seat lol. I'd miss the 6 speed gearbox as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome! Car looks great with the tint!

Its amazing how much damage can actually be done that might not be immediately visible in an accident like yours. My mother was rear ended lightly (no visible damage on the outside) in one of my old cars and after that the trunk wouldn't open.

Mmmm diesel... I heard rumours... so possibly this is totally false, but I heard rumours of some sort of diesel hybrid.

I miss my 1995 Jetta turbo diesel. My dad got it new, and when I sold it in 2006, it had 450,000km on it. Relatively problem free. Only major thing was the headgasket went at around 325,000km. Also cruise control worked only intermittently towards the end. Car still ran, I should have kept it :(. Somehow it was still on its original clutch, even after my sister, myself and most of our friends learned to drive standard in it. No slippage whatsoever.

Man I miss that car :( I will definitely be keeping my Versa till it dies. Looking forward to not having payments anymore!
Thanks I like the colour and tint now a nice set of alloys would dress it up a bit more. I was shocked there was almost $4,000 of damage under what looked like some scrapes and a dent. Diesel hybrid is the way to go.. half leaf half versa would be perfect running turbo diesel. I do miss the diesel option from back home. Seems only heavy trucks here or buses run on it.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Thats good I wasn't sure if they even had turbo diesels over here? Diesels are all but standard for a lot of cars back home. Remembering there's a difference in the US gallon vs the UK/Ireland Gallon a car like a diesel Fiesta is getting a reported 65mpg in Europe vs the "petrol" version over here. Diesel and battery power combined are a great option.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the VW, yes the Versa is a great car and I have to admit the best money I've spent on a car to date. I've tossed around the idea of trading for an SL and I have to be honest I actually think even through it's been hit in the rear I may just keep it. I like the colour, how it drives still feels exactly the same just that stupid drivers seat lol. I'd miss the 6 speed gearbox as well.
Yes there are VW New Beetles out there now that have TDI engines. I know I'll love the new VW Beetle. It should arrive in the fall; so I'll be test driving it then. :)

And your Versa should have been fixed to safety standards so I wouldn't worry about it. If you had originally planned to simply buy it and drive it until it dies, then I wouldn't worry about losing $ on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes there are VW New Beetles out there now that have TDI engines. I know I'll love the new VW Beetle. It should arrive in the fall; so I'll be test driving it then. :)

And your Versa should have been fixed to safety standards so I wouldn't worry about it. If you had originally planned to simply buy it and drive it until it dies, then I wouldn't worry about losing $ on it.

Yes the diesels are nice as is their mpg. I did buy with the intention of driving it until it dies or until I need a new car. I'm sure enough it's up to standards but the seat has raised questions as it likely than not came from a wrecked vehicle. It's not the same as the original in how it operates, feels. But yes I have lost value on this vehicle due to the accident no matter if it's been repaired or not. When I had it appraised I was told had there been no damage I'd easily get $12,000 as a trade in price right now they estimate $9,000. But could be worse I suppose cars are not investments and they lose value no matter what faster than we can pay them off it seems lol. Still kind of annoyed that a month ago I owed less than it was worth and now I'm in the hole again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.