Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. My name is Andrew, I'm 22. This is my first forum experience, so we'll see how it all works out. My tag is Dwight, deriving from an old nickname played off from my last name being Icenhower. So Andrew or Dwight both work for me. Anyways, two years ago I bought my wife and I a brand new Nissan Versa. After having it a couple years, I have now decided to make it a little nicer. So hopefully some people here can help me with ideas for mods and the like. I looked at the gallery of some of your Versa's and I just have to say job well done.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome. The three main mods are rims, tint, and exhaust. Window visors and lowering springs. Rear spoiler Rear cargo door bumper guard. Hood deflector and or splash guard. You can go on forever. Good luck in your endeavors.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum got any pics. What's the color and what model you got.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the 09 S hatch. She's blue. So far she's pretty stock. I had modified my airbox to start with for slightly better airflow. Right now I have an AEM cold air intake on order and it should be in next week. I don't plan on doing a lot to it, and my wife is worried about me "ricing it out". I have to keep assuring her that I'm not a honda owner. As far as the engine is concerned, I basically only want the new intake, and maybe a better ECU so I can get a nicer throttle response. After that, I think I want to lower the gal an inch or so. I was looking at Eibach lowering springs, which will get me 1.4" in the front and 1.3 in the back. After the lowering springs, I would probably add strut bars for rigidity. I'm also looking at new tail lights/ projector head lights from Spec D tuning. The last thing I'll probably do is work on brakes and new wheels. So I'll splurge a little and get drilled/ slotted rotors, steel braided lines, and maybe convert the rear brakes... Not sure about that one though...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome, fine plans you got for the V there. If better throttle response is what you want get this;
NTD Throttle Controller
I've heard it does wonders.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Heard some comments from guys who had them installed (Blitz and NTD) and they seemed to be enchanted, takes 15 to 30 minutes to install. It connects to the OBD2 connector (diagnostic) for power and at gas pedal (Y connector), really easy to install.

·
Registered
138 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got done installing my new AEM CAI. Very pleased with the performance and sound it makes. There is a slight rattle from a bolt that didn't get tightened down all the way, but that is easily fixable. I'm just way too tired to do it right now... Oh well, maybe a project for tomorrow. b('-')d *that's a thumbs up guy...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I say you get the throttle control, it will complete the CAI enhancement. It will allow you to tap into the extra ponies the CAI is suppose to give you better. Then again suspension is also a good upgrade, lower center of gravity means better cornering, hence better handling. It also depends on where you live though, good roads good idea, bad roads not a good idea. Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I live in Oly Washington. For the most part roads here are kinda dull for cornering and the 30mph speed limit means i can't take them too quick anyways. But just outside the city limits there are curvy country roads and dirt paths. The throttle controller would be nice though too... I might just have to save up and get both at the same time lol. That way it would be a lot at once and make me even happier.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That sounds like something I would do lol. I myself kind of want to wait till I a have a large amount of cash at my disposal to buy a whole bunch of things lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.