Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I recently bought a 2011 nissan versa. It ran like a champ but one night leaving work I had trouble starting it but after trying for a minute I got it. I only live 5 minutes from work so when I got home I shut it off waited a few minutes and then turned it on again. Now it won't start. It cranks and the cooling fan comes on and stays on while the key is turned. We replaced the fuel pump but it didnt change anything. The battery seems to be draining now when we tried starting it after replacing the fuel pump. It is also cold and seemed to start when it got cold but not sure if it's a coincidence. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My son's Versa had a similar problem. It turned out that his car stopped recognizing the aftermarket key which came with the car when he bought it. Bought new key from dealer and no problem since.

·
Registered
208 Posts
There's a short somewhere if the engine cooling fan is coming on like you describe. I believe I read a thread somewhere with a similar issue.. can't find it at the moment.

Any aftermarket electronics on the car? Anything else electrical not working properly, including all the lights?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts