Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I recently bought a 2011 nissan versa. It ran like a champ but one night leaving work I had trouble starting it but after trying for a minute I got it. I only live 5 minutes from work so when I got home I shut it off waited a few minutes and then turned it on again. Now it won't start. It cranks and the cooling fan comes on and stays on while the key is turned. We replaced the fuel pump but it didnt change anything. The battery seems to be draining now when we tried starting it after replacing the fuel pump. It is also cold and seemed to start when it got cold but not sure if it's a coincidence. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My son's Versa had a similar problem. It turned out that his car stopped recognizing the aftermarket key which came with the car when he bought it. Bought new key from dealer and no problem since.

·
Registered
266 Posts
There's a short somewhere if the engine cooling fan is coming on like you describe. I believe I read a thread somewhere with a similar issue.. can't find it at the moment.

Any aftermarket electronics on the car? Anything else electrical not working properly, including all the lights?

·
Registered
152 Posts
As [email protected] mention, does your car have an immobilizer, or chipped keys?
Try a different key if one is available.

Also, charge up the battery and clean the battery terminals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Starting any gas fueled vehicle takes 3 elements. Fuel, air and spark.
Sounds like you are cranking ok which probably eliminates battery level, battery clean and tight connections and starter issues.

Tried spraying starting fluid into the air intake to see if it cranks and starts with that fluid?
Turned key to ON (not start), can you hear the fuel pump buzz/hiss/vibrate at all?

Have you pulled a plug out to see if the plug is wet with un-ignited fuel?

Does the Versa have a Schrader/test valve on the fuel rail, and if so, remove its cap, place a rag over the valve and depress the stem to verify a gush of fuel is there? (I've only had our 2014 versa note for less than a month now and haven't had to explore all its ins and outs as yet. just had to replace the windshield fluid pump on day 3! Lots of fun there.).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts