Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this car for one month. It has 66K miles. This evening while using the AC on low (it's not hot outside at all) it started making a clicking noise (like something being turned off and on) and the AC button is flashing. I immediately turned off the AC and drove it home. Any ideas???

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've had this car for one month. It has 66K miles. This evening while using the AC on low (it's not hot outside at all) it started making a clicking noise (like something being turned off and on) and the AC button is flashing. I immediately turned off the AC and drove it home. Any ideas???
Your system may be low on refrigerant, and if so, the compressor pressure switch my be cycling on and off. You may have to have the system checked to insure there is adequate refrigerant in the system. Good luck!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yup, you should check refrigerant - my buddy from DSRLeasing had similar problems a while back and it turned out to be the cause. Hope you solve it!

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
If a friend has a freon refill kit from the auto store or auto section you can measure the low side and get an idea whats going on. Its not a fool proof way as you need the high side too. THe low side should be off scale when the car is off and when ac is on around 30 psi. It maybe bouncing from 0-15 if its low on freon. If its over fill it wont work when its hot out and it should be over 30 psi.

I had a problem with my van that has dual acs and the problem was the alt couldnt keep up the power for both and the cooling fans so it would cut out as the cooling faded.

If its low on freon and you want to fix it yourself you can use one of those kits to add some freon to top it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts