Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am trying to help my friend who hates computers out. He has a 2014 Versa and has lost all the keys. It is a very basic model the same key unlocks the doors and starts the car. The key did not have a chip in it. He has went to the Nissan dealership 3 times and had a key made using the VIN number. None of them will work not even to unlock the doors. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know. Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I will let him know. And yes I understand stand that it sounds off but no it's not stolen. He has title license insurance and registration. He didn't want to have it towed because he lives out of town and the expense of having it towed to the nearest dealership is still more than what he has paid in getting the 3 keys made. Thank you for the help

·
Registered
300 Posts
He didn't want to have it towed because he lives out of town and the expense of having it towed to the nearest dealership is still more than what he has paid in getting the 3 keys made.
Yes, towing can get very expensive. However, a AAA plus membership will get him towed without additional charge up to 100 miles.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
And why one kills to not lose keys nowadays. Yet so many don't give it a thought until the towcharge comes up.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Good advice. AAA can also pop doors open for you and help with key replacement.

Plan B would be to call a lock smith. Just tellem the problem and see if they can help you.

When you have the key from the dealer does your friend try wiggling the key, pulling it out slightly while twisting it and moving it all around?

I had a flip key cut at the parts counter for my versa sedan S and it was dead on first try. No wiggling, jiggling, or funny business needed to make it work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts