Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2007 nissan versa's compressor died. I went to a junk yard and grabbed a used one. Replaced Drier and Filled with Redtek 12a, Redtek oil, and a dehydration fluid to remove moisture. All which I have had a good success rate with other cars!

After 2 car trips the AC died again. I took junk yard compressor out so I could return it and put old compressor back in to keep out moisture.

But the exiting fluids/gas was black and turned solid, so it looks like black death has occured.

After some reasearch, turns out this is common on the CALSONIC CR-10 PV6 12V 115mm compressor used in our cars.

What this means is that one of the aluminum piston rings in the compressor broke off and then was chewed up by the other pistons. This causes aluminum, Teflon, to be thrown into the system and burns out the oil in the system. Also this new mixture of black crap is also acidic and will eat through other aluminum parts so it needs to be flushed asap.

Now I have to flush the system many many times with AC flush liquid and compressed air and replace the compressor, drier, and fluids, again..

After additional researcher, many condensers used on present day cars have very small pathways for the fluid to pass thought and in the case of needing a flush, it may not work!

Do I need to replace the condenser? Will the flush work for the condenser, or is the inside of the condenser fluid path to small for the flush to work??

Do I need to buy a new condenser as well??

FYI,
Personally I will never buy a used or rebuilt compressor for any Nissan again to avoid this. The repair cost jumped from a couple hundred to possible over $1000. Just a warning to everyone!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Man i have spent thousands on my car just for ac repairs and trust me i really highly recommend changing the condenser so you don't damage the new compressor and Nissan versa's compressor is highly unreliable i changed it like 4 times and this is my 4th one i am having it for almost a month now so fast so good , so trust me go with new condenser because nissan versa's condenser has really thin pathways and they get clogged so easy so if u flush it there will still be some dirt and it will get into the new compressor and damage it so u will pay again so i recommend to get all new condenser .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.