Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I guys so I have a 2009 Versa SL Hatchback that I am having an unusual issue with. It seems as there there is a knocking going on in the front right side by the wheel well and I can't peg what it is. It gets way louder when I am on the freeway and you can actually feel it, it also gets emphasized when I ever I turn the car mostly to the right on a curve or something. I have no idea what it could be but I'm pretty sure its nothing to do with the engine but rather the suspension. It has 38000 miles on it so I can't imagine what would go out. I called a couple dealerships and one service manager that it might be a mount between the strut and engine block. Any ideas?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well it depends......

If it's the ball joint do you replace the pair or just the one that's defective?
Also, do you replace just the lower ball joint itself or the control arm that all ready has the ball joint in it.

Parts:
One ball Joint $35 to $50
One Control Arm $80 to $110

Labor:
1 Hour Each Side $60 to $100

Alignment:
$50 to $100

Best scenario no alignment, one side only, just the ball joint......$150
Worst .....$500

Sorry I can't be more specific. I'm sure someone else here has a better idea of price
for this job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.