Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to replace my drive belt in my 2012 Nissan Versa Sedan. It has a 1.6 liter engine. A diagram would be extremely helpful. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to replace my drive belt in my 2012 Nissan Versa Sedan. It has a 1.6 liter engine. A diagram would be extremely helpful. Thank you in advance!
from the top under the hood right side of engine there is a hole to the right front of the radiator through this hole using a 13mm box end wrench turn the nut on the tensioner pulley counter clockwise one full turn to loosen, then using a 3/8 drive long flexible head ratchet and a deep 13mm socket you can access the tensioner pulled bolt located on the side of the pulley under the alternator and above the compressor, turn it counter clockwise a few times then you can use your fingers to turn it counter clockwise until it is loose enough where the belt slides off , using Napa Belt tool Part #: SER 734 start by putting on the crank shaft and the compressor then inside the tensioner and under the water pump then finally over the alternator see attached image then with your fingers tighten the tensioner adjusting screw clockwise as far as you can by hand then use the long flex head ratchet till is tight check tension of belt it should push a little down but not allot and twist only a little then using the 13mm box end wrench tighten the nut on the front of the tensioner Tight! Then start the car and rev multiple times verify it does not whine, look at the belt as it is running and verify the belt stays in the grooves of the crank, alternator and compressor if so your done.

Gesture Font Circle Sharing Pattern

1 - 4 of 4 Posts