Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning on doing my rotors and brake . I've watch a ton of YouTube videos so.i know I can do it. My question is after i reinstall all the new parts and everything ready to go do I need to bleed the brakes ??? Some video I saw they just put everything back together, put the tire back on and it was good to go. What do you guys think ?
Thanks !

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am planning on doing my rotors and brake . I've watch a ton of YouTube videos so.i know I can do it. My question is after i reinstall all the new parts and everything ready to go do I need to bleed the brakes ??? Some video I saw they just put everything back together, put the tire back on and it was good to go. What do you guys think ?
Thanks !
If you haven't opened any of the lines, you should not have to bleed the brakes.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
pimperell is correct. No need to bleed when doing rotors and pads. You will need to "pump up" the pedal though when done. All this means is you press the brake pedal a few times so that the piston, which you compressed while installing the pads, firmly squeezes your pads against the rotor.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Did you put the slider clips back in the right way? There is a little flap of metal on the slider clips that can hit the spokes of the wheel if it's bent.

·
Registered
674 Posts
So after installing new pads and rotor i hear noises do the brakes just need to be broken in ?
Sometimes after a number of miles, the noise will disappear. If it does not, they sell an anti-squeal spray at most automotive parts stores that you can use to quiet the noise. I would suggest that you give it a little time to see if the noise goes away. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
pimperell
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing