Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Kenwood DDX-418 DVD Receiver in my 2009 Nissan Versa. I'm now having the following problems

1 - The automatic window will no longer automatically go up (update: after googling, I found the way to reset the window so this has been fixed)

2 - The intermittent front windshield wipers are not being controlled correctly. They are on even if the control is int or on. Right now the only way I can turn it off is by putting it on mid-intermittent. The 2nd intermittent spend puts it on intermittent and all the other speed put it on.

3 - The normal headlights will not come on - only the brights. When I flash the brights, only the parking lights are coming on. The parking lights come on when I select parking brakes but the brights come on when I select headlights.

PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I just installed the Kenwood DDX-418 DVD Receiver in my 2009 Nissan Versa. I'm now having the following problems

1 - The automatic window will no longer automatically go up (update: after googling, I found the way to reset the window so this has been fixed)

2 - The intermittent front windshield wipers are not being controlled correctly. They are on even if the control is int or on. Right now the only way I can turn it off is by putting it on mid-intermittent. The 2nd intermittent spend puts it on intermittent and all the other speed put it on.

3 - The normal headlights will not come on - only the brights. When I flash the brights, only the parking lights are coming on. The parking lights come on when I select parking brakes but the brights come on when I select headlights.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Hello and welcome to NVF!

Did you follow any instructions to do the installation?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yes - followed the instructions that came from crutchfield. the unit is fully operational. Now just need to fix out issues two and three...
I understand, I just never heard that problem before so I was just trying to break the ice :thumb2:

Did you disconnect the negative on the battery first before swapping decks? If not, disconnect it, wait for a min, then reconnect it, see if it resets the switchgear.
that is a good sugestion :thumb2: , I'm assuming he did disconnect the battery because he had to reprogram the electric window.
what APLPIX said....disconnect the battery again, wait ten minutes and let it it reset, then reconnect the battery and see if that helps. you will have to reprogram the driver's electric window again. just unhook the negative cable

if the problem is still there, let us know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still not working. Put the factory stereo back in and I"m still having the same problem. At this point, going to take to Nissan dealership and hopefully it doesn't cost more than $200 to get it fixed. This is turning out to be a nightmare!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
1) How did you do the wiring for the install, you bought a V after market harnes right?

2) what did you ground to?

I just installed a Pioneer AVH 3300bt yesterday and it went smooth as silk. I cant imagine what you could have done (outside of not using the wiring harness) that would give you all of these problems.

On a lighter note, how do you like that unit? I was really torn between that one and the Pioneer I bought (espeically because of the streaming BT audio from the Kenwood) but the pioneer was $75 less and thats what sold me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My brother-in-law did the install (he has installed hundreds of radios before). I know that he used the harness. Not sure about the grounding.

Other than that, love the radio! (if I can get the rest fixed)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.