Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok its been wintry here, and its finally been a sunny day to clean the car. But its kinda windy so its cold only being 35 degrees. I didnt want to dip my hand in the bucket. So I went down to the do it urself power washer at a gas station. Well power washing isnt enough, i was gonna need to scrub it clean. So I used the brush for the car, and now their are fine scratches all over. I am really upset about this. I think some scratch remover and a buffer will do the job, but does anyone have any better suggestion? thanks

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
So you used a snow brush to scrub it clean? I must say, you are careless to your V! LMAO i'm kidding, but in order to get those fines scratches out, you're gonna have to use a polishing compound and a rotary buffer. Then some opti-seal to protect it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
it looks like just a light swirl marks since its so light try to use swirlx its a very very fine polish... use it by hand just make sure you rub it in till it turn into haze its a little work out but if you dont have a buffer :p well if you do have a buffer use it with a buffer it will clean it up quick "i should do my sisters Rav 4 and post some pics :p give me about 3 hours hehehe im too slow to walk around :p I thought im the only one who uses Optimum products here lol hahaha

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it looks like just a light swirl marks since its so light try to use swirlx its a very very fine polish... use it by hand just make sure you rub it in till it turn into haze its a little work out but if you dont have a buffer :p well if you do have a buffer use it with a buffer it will clean it up quick "i should do my sisters Rav 4 and post some pics :p give me about 3 hours hehehe im too slow to walk around :p I thought im the only one who uses Optimum products here lol hahaha
That would be great!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok well I spent 2hrs with my buffer, and 3M scratch remover, and it got me back to where I started, whew!! Never doing that again. But I still have those fine swirl marks, but I think everyone does.... I think its age.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i still havent started using swirlx on my sisters rav4 lol too lazy atm when i do ill post some pics up. Using a buffer needs alot of practice. @applix i use optimum products from wash to wax but i havent used the opti seal ill seal my paint after i get my car back from the shop and after it is cured :p

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
i use optimum products from wash to wax but i havent used the opti seal ill seal my paint after i get my car back from the shop and after it is cured :p
I mostly use Meguiars carwash, polish, and wax. I got my hands on Opti-Seal from my friend cause he does detailing professionally and gives me the leftover stuff he has before getting more lol.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I mostly use Meguiars carwash, polish, and wax. I got my hands on Opti-Seal from my friend cause he does detailing professionally and gives me the leftover stuff he has before getting more lol.
I use meguiars tire shine, and spray wax and detailer. But id like to see if I can get some of those fine swirls out. Ill have to try the opti-seal.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
do u have any other pix of ur trunk spoiler? im thinking about getting the little one that sits on the end of the trunk, i think its called a ducktail or duckbill dnt remember

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do u have any other pix of ur trunk spoiler? im thinking about getting the little one that sits on the end of the trunk, i think its called a ducktail or duckbill dnt remember
There were like 4 all together, then what you said. Let me get you the html of the 4. They are on ebay, and some of these are offered painted and unpainted. Mine was like $120. Painted. Im having an issue uploading pics. maybe another time, ill try again friday morning. Another thing, if you have it professionally put on, let them know there is a connector for a spoiler behind that carboard thing on the trunk. Didnt know till I removed it to check. Cause the shop wired it to my tail light, and I didnt like that wire going all the way down. So my car was prewired for a spoiler, urs may be too, and if you need a picture of that, lemme know. Ive got a few I can show you.

This is mine....... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIN...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

2nd........http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This one looks new 3rd......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISS...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

4th......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cust...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Ducktail......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Niss...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.