Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the strut tower bar but it didn't come with an installation guide. So I have two questions and hope you guys can help me with.

1. Do I have to jack up the car to install the bar?

2. The bar came with 4 bolts, 4 small washers, and 4 larger washers. How am I going to use them?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just got the strut tower bar but it didn't come with an installation guide. So I have two questions and hope you guys can help me with.

2. The bar came with 4 bolts, 4 small washers, and 4 larger washers. How am I going to use them?

Thank you!
Here is the link for a picture of it installed on a Versa from there site. http://www.tanabe-usa.com/other/files/230_img2.JPG
I'll contact them tomorrow to see if they have anything more available and they do recommend you install it with the front up on jack stands but some have not and had no issues...I'll find out tomorrow and confirm for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the link for a picture of it installed on a Versa from there site. http://www.tanabe-usa.com/other/files/230_img2.JPG
I'll contact them tomorrow to see if they have anything more available and they do recommend you install it with the front up on jack stands but some have not and had no issues...I'll find out tomorrow and confirm for you.
Thank you for your help! I am not sure the order of the washers. Which one should be touching the bolt, the lock washer or the washer? And I also want to know the torque specs for the bolts. Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you for your help! I am not sure the order of the washers. Which one should be touching the bolt, the lock washer or the washer? And I also want to know the torque specs for the bolts. Thanks!
Email me [email protected] and I'll send you the PDF instructions for your Tanabe.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Thank you!
Where did you purchase the tower bar? I'm pretty sure all hardware and instructions should've been included. But yes, when you install the tower bar you raise the car up. When the car is on the ground there is zero pre-load on the tower bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.