Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Versa hatchback and can't figure out this security system.

I unlock the doors and get out, and sometimes will then go to open the hatch, and the lights will start blinking at me as if I've illegally entered the vehicle, even though I never locked it to begin with. I have to lock and unlock via the fob to get them to stop.

But sometimes this doesn't happen.

I come out and unlock with the fob, and open a door other than the driver's side, and the lights will blink.

I come out and unlock with the fob, and the driver's side, and the lights will blink.

I swear it's completely random. I have looked at the manual, I have understood it. It doesn't match with what's happening.

I'm really concerned that I will lose the fob (I only have one), or the battery in it will die, and then the lights will just blink until the car battery too dies.

Added to this, there seems to be some kind of after-market red button installed, at least I think it's after-market because I can't find it referenced in the manual. Sometimes the engine won't turn over because the vehicle has been immobilized (it randomly chooses to do this to me, under seemingly different circumstances each time), and I have to press and hold the button to get it to start. Or press the button and then take the key out and try again.

Can I just, I dunno... turn it all off. I just want to be able to lock and unlock the doors with the fob. I don't want lights that will blink themselves to death because I dared to open the wrong door, or the right one.

Halp.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts