Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone out there knows how to remove the rear hatch door trim cuz the interior is perfect and I have to replace the wiper motor without wrecking the trim. This is not rocket science and I'd hate to think this trade secret is safe with the safe manufacturer. Please advise.
Thanks and all the best,
Frank

·
Registered
691 Posts
Take the window trim pieces off by pulling, you will the the clips that engage in the body, the bigger piece is harder to pull off. It uses trim clips and metal pawls like the others, but for some reason it is on there tight, you may crack the plastic taking it off. The plastic is brittle and this is a common occurence on Versa's. A plastic trim stick is useful to pry panels without marring them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Frank, as far as I know, door and rear hatch interior trim are held by plastic retainers that look like stacked tiny umbrellas. There could be a couple of screws that are used usually located near a handle. Otherwise you can start popping off the panel using a slim/thin wooden or plastic tool (non-metallic so as not to scratch or damage the surrounding area). Pros use a tool that I think is called a trim stick. Since I don't have one of those, I typically start from one corner by very carefully using a combination of an old credit card and a flat blade screwdriver thinly wrapped with masking tape (using the credit card to start prying off the trim piece and to protect the trim and other surrounding areas). The retainers will make a loud popping sound when it releases. The retainers are usually spaced about 6 inches apart so there could be quite a few of them. You may also break one or two in the process.

You may want to check the service manual for your car to give you an idea on the number of retainers and give you an approx location. Look for the folder titled Interior.

You can download the service manual here:
http://www.nissanversaforums.com/general-versa-discussion/17186-nissan-versa-service-manuals-owners-manuals-parts-catalog-software.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jas32
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing