Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i put a 2010 versa factory head unit into the 09 versa and put everything back right but now the air bag light keeps blinking. i unhooked the light and hazard light button to get the face plate off the dash. when i hooked it up the air bag light in the dash cluster just keeps blinking. did anyone else have this issue. how do you fix it?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I had that issue at first when I unplugged it, and turned on the car and the light started blinking. It never went off. So I took it down to the dealer and lied and said " I was driving and the light came on, can you fix it", they said sure. Well later on I read that when you unplug it, make sure you plug it back in before sticking the key back in. But actually, the button is held in by two clips on bottom and top. If you squeeze the clips, it comes off the trim plate and you don't have to unplug it anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I had that issue at first when I unplugged it, and turned on the car and the light started blinking. It never went off. So I took it down to the dealer and lied and said " I was driving and the light came on, can you fix it", they said sure. Well later on I read that when you unplug it, make sure you plug it back in before sticking the key back in. But actually, the button is held in by two clips on bottom and top. If you squeeze the clips, it comes off the trim plate and you don't have to unplug it anymore.
I have the same issue and I was thinking about doing that. Wouldnt the airbag be disabled though?

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have the same issue and I was thinking about doing that. Wouldnt the airbag be disabled though?
no, cause the system is not on, so it doesn't know if its been disconnected unless the key was turned to the on position, and when it does it's system test, that's when it will realize something's wrong, but it doesn't know what it is.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
question:
did you disconnect the battery before doing the swap and hook it back on after the swap was complete?
Hi Randy,
you forgot to answer my question, maybe when you get a chance...
you're probably busy but if you get a chance let me know if you did or not disconnected the battery.
the reason why I ask is for future references!

Have a good day Randy =)

·
Banned
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Randy,
you forgot to answer my question, maybe when you get a chance...
you're probably busy but if you get a chance let me know if you did or not disconnected the battery.
the reason why I ask is for future references!

Have a good day Randy =)

haha my bad. na i didn't disconnect the battery. being it was simple plug in play i didn't. i normally do just incase but being it was stock headunits i didn't bother

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
no, cause the system is not on, so it doesn't know if its been disconnected unless the key was turned to the on position, and when it does it's system test, that's when it will realize something's wrong, but it doesn't know what it is.
So the airbag wouldnt work if I get into an accident?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm assuming it would not work because its desabled just like when you have someone who doesn't weight enough to handle an airbag deployment so the airbag lights its on beside the radio.

thanks Randi!!

·
Banned
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea. That's. What I think to but it seem to be a easy fix. Kinda freaked me out cause my gf ain't the best of driver and I happen to sit in that passenger seat. Hahaha

·
Registered
63 Posts
I still wouldn't rely on a yes answer for that one! I got that light fixed right away.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
So the airbag wouldnt work if I get into an accident?
I don't know exactly. But as far as I know, you can do anything to a car, and it won't know it till the key has been inserted and turned. So I wouldn't worry about anything, as long as you do it with a disconnected battery, or never put the key in without putting anything back the way it was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
Versa S 2009
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing