Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put on 18'' wheels on my versa hb2011 1.8. it's dropped on the tanabe nf springs with tokico blue shocks. I drove it today and there was soo much rattling. I have 5mm spacers on the fronts and the left tire is sticking out but not the right.. Also my steering wheel is twitching vigorously when I drive, should it be that responsive (i'm worried about the powersteering). @[email protected] i'm gonna take off the 5mm spacers on them in the morning see if that helps... but there's so much noise it's embarrassing to drive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Depending on the wheels sometimes 5mm spacers are too big you need at lest 5 turns on the lug nut and stud to ensure a good torque. If you have less take them off. You don't want a wheels off. And if the wheels are already poking out you might be rubbing on turns since you only have springs. Coil overs Are a different story. Hella flush versas!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh I found out what was wrong, the "5mm" spacers that the guy gave me were different sized. One wheel is sitting on the rotor and the other has a 1mm space between the spacer and my wheel... So the noises were my wheel spacer moving around and my steering wheels vibrating because of my wheel which is wobbling -_-. I picked up a new spacer so hopefully they match up, or i'll be forced to go back to steelies and pick up some 17''s .. ahh i'll post a update when I get my car back from the autobody shop in a couple days.

Thanks for the suggestions. AND COILOVERS are way too $$$ for my versa lol maybe if it was a altima :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh I made sure I have complete clearance on all my wheels. Except it rubs on my mud guard in the front wheel wells when I have the wheel completeely turned other wise it's ok...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts