Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, and what the head says is what I'm doing. My wife's four-year-old Versa Hatchback bought the farm two weeks ago when a Ford Explorer ran a red light and t-boned our passenger side. I was driving, my wife was the passenger, and we were both well enough to be taken home in a police car without having to visit our local hospital. Which is a good thing. Anyway, to say we were impressed at how well the Versa Hatchback stood up to a side impact would be an understatement. The other driver's insurance has already paid out for the totalled Versa, so now I'm in the market to replace it.

I've seen a couple of deals (I think they're deals, anyway), and I wonder whether it's worth waiting for the 2013s to come out. The deals I've seen are 2011 Hatchback models from Hertz, with 20-30k miles on them for less than $12k, or a new 2012 Versa S Hatchback from our local dealer which would finish up at at around $15.5k before sales tax.

Any ideas would be appreciated, because my head's still ringing from the impact and I'm not sure I can think straight enough:smilejap:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
welcome to NVF I was looking online and found that down there there are alot of 2011 V's for under 12k that arnt rentals, cause like frenchy said try to stay away from them cause they are driven hard.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome! And I'm glad to hear you and your wife are ok.
I have a 2012 hatch, and I love it.
Not to :beatdeadhorse5: but I agree about the rental cars.

Enjoy the forum!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Welcome. Im glad you guys are safe. I'd go for the new Versa instead of buying used. Have you thought about the new sedan? They're better on gas, they also have alot of room.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If can, try find a "NEW" 2011 Versa hatchback, like one that couldn't be sold, but even the newer 2012's are not too pricey, Here at Windward Nissan, they have some...not sure about where you live. But shop around, and yes, don't buy from rental. New ones can be had as low as $14k, like my 2011, but more likely $15-$17.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
like it's been said, welcome, and glad to hear you guys are okay. I kind of wish I waited until the 2013 versas came out, since they will be completely re-designed. but I had to buy now when my car died and I had no way to get to school. If you can, I would like to wait until the 2013 versa comes out. If you don't like it, the 2012 versas will be at an even lower price to make room for the 2013's.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear how your car stood up. I would recommend buying used, but not a rental. Versa's depreciate at a rapid pace and there are plenty of deals to be had on used ones!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Damn, that sounds brutal. Glad to hear you guys are okay considering the obvious. I'm also glad to hear that the V stood up pretty well. In my opinion I would look for a 2010-2011 SL Model. You could probably get it as cheap as a brand new S model and it comes with sunroof and all the goodies that the S doesn't have. I think anywhere from 20-30k or even 40k miles would still be in pretty good shape. Probably expect to walk out the door paying no less than $13-$15k. Oh ya, and if you're going to buy a used Versa, make sure it's from a Nissan Dealer.

·
Registered
993 Posts
2013 versa is possibly gonna have a turbo. Might be worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
2013 versa is possibly gonna have a turbo. Might be worth the wait.
I wouldn't count on it, we're in US not Japan =(

But aside from that I say if you can wait, wait. Get a beater in the mean time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies and the good wishes. As far as I'm aware, the SL comes with a CVT transmission, and whereas my wife likes automatic, I think the CVT trannie would throw her a bit.

Does anyone know when the 2013 models hit the showrooms? I have to get this car sometime in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone think we'll see 2013s by then?

As for the Versa sedan, we always find hatchbacks to be far more useful, especially when you're carrying fishing rods. We are in Florida, after all.

Thanks again for all the input.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I wouldn't count on it, we're in US not Japan =(

But aside from that I say if you can wait, wait. Get a beater in the mean time.
There's a turbo on the way its just a matter of time 2013 or 2014 is what the release date is said to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took the plunge. Wife's away until a week next Wednesday, but when she returns she'll find a bright and shiny silver 2012 Versa Hatchback Special Edition waiting for her in the garage. Must admit I was quite taken with this little gem. If only it came with a convertible top, I might get one for myself.

Interestingly enough, when I checked all the one-owner 2011 models listed within 50 miles of St. Augustine (that's America's first city, and home for me), I learned from Carfax that they were just about all rental vehicles. Even the ones on sale at Nissan dealers. So I took your advice and bought new.

Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi, and what the head says is what I'm doing. My wife's four-year-old Versa Hatchback bought the farm two weeks ago when a Ford Explorer ran a red light and t-boned our passenger side. I was driving, my wife was the passenger, and we were both well enough to be taken home in a police car without having to visit our local hospital. Which is a good thing. Anyway, to say we were impressed at how well the Versa Hatchback stood up to a side impact would be an understatement. The other driver's insurance has already paid out for the totalled Versa, so now I'm in the market to replace it.

I've seen a couple of deals (I think they're deals, anyway), and I wonder whether it's worth waiting for the 2013s to come out. The deals I've seen are 2011 Hatchback models from Hertz, with 20-30k miles on them for less than $12k, or a new 2012 Versa S Hatchback from our local dealer which would finish up at at around $15.5k before sales tax.

Any ideas would be appreciated, because my head's still ringing from the impact and I'm not sure I can think straight enough:smilejap:
I have had a program Versa HB for four years now and it's running great. I change the oil every 3 gs and auto fluid every 30 gs. Got a 4at with power group and mats for 13,000 OTD. GL.

Also, the new HB will have a higher pricepoint believe that. What I get from car news is that the new HB might be stalled still so don't wait. Get a deal now.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear how your car stood up. I would recommend buying used, but not a rental. Versa's depreciate at a rapid pace and there are plenty of deals to be had on used ones!
Once again, check nada for price quotes. Don't go by ADOversa saying Versas resale drops quickly. My 2007 Versa HB on a lot sells for 9 gs. I know if we sell it at our home we will get 7 gs. But then again a brand new car of any brand loses price if you sell it in your driveway. Hypothetical statements only increase err in judgement knock it off.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I like the SEs because they have most goodies and still have the auto tranny instead of the CVT.

Glad to hear you're from Florida. I live in Tampa. In fact, we were in St. Augustine a couple weeks ago. Very nice. Perfect vacation spot.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Congrats! I hear ya about the rentals...motor replaced on wife's Altima. Nissan paid 100% though:) Welcome!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
congrats on the new car and yes post up some pics

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.