Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all this is in reference to my 2007 nissan versa SL hatchback with a 6 speed manual transmission. Has 140,000 miles.

I had my oil changed and coolant changed. I noticed recently that after my car warms up I have a hesitation after slowing down and trying to accelerate again. This happens in 2nd and 3rd gear. The clutch is not slipping because the rpms do not increase when this happens there's just a delay and then the car bucks ahead. Otherwise it drives fine. I also have a growl/rattle on acceleration only when the car is in gear, but this is not new and has been that way for years without any issue. No check engine light. Spark plugs were replaced at 100k miles. Could it be a dirty throttle body?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might try the easy stuff first... maybe check/change the (engine) air filter and run a bottle of fuel injector cleaner through it.
Hi, Yes have already changed the air filter and run a bottle of techron through the gas. Oil has always been changed on time with mobil 1 synthetic. This all started after the coolant was changed.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
287 Posts
This all started after the coolant was changed.
I'm trying to think of a correlation between the coolant being changed and your hesitation. Unless there is air in the system and the coolant temp sensor is sending the wrong data to the computer??
Try this... remove the radiator cap and start the car... have a rag ready to catch any spills.
Let the car warm up, some... Using an instant read thermometer obtain the actual temperature of the coolant, then compare that to "live data" from your OBD2 scanner. I would think the two should be within a few degrees of one another, if not you computer is getting erroneous data from the coolant temp sensor.
It is possible the computer is making incorrect fuel adjustments to compensate for the wrong temperature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the EXACT same issue. I have a 2007 Versa SL, and am having the same problems. When I accelerate, it either feels like its misfiring or the motor is hesitating, but in a series of jerks. I am going to have a look at the MAF sensor first. I noticed a little cut on the jacket of the wires that are going into the connector. Ill update. Any luck on yours?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm beginning to suspect that with the change in seasons, contaminated gas or fuel feed problems may be cropping up across the country. Both the OP and Guapmasta may want to put a bottle of HEET into their gas tanks to see if it improves the symptoms. Versa owners in humid climates should not allow their fuel tanks to go below half full in order to prevent water condensation from forming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the EXACT same issue. I have a 2007 Versa SL, and am having the same problems. When I accelerate, it either feels like its misfiring or the motor is hesitating, but in a series of jerks. I am going to have a look at the MAF sensor first. I noticed a little cut on the jacket of the wires that are going into the connector. Ill update. Any luck on yours?
No check engine light, but ran diagnostics with odbm II and have 2 codes: 0725, 1701. 0725 is Engine speed input circuit for which I found this. And the 1701 is power supply circuit.... For which I'm going through this. God save us all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts