Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've own a 2014 versa note for the 2 years worked amazing as of a week ago trying to get speed up on the highway from 40 km to 100 Km the engine would shoot up to 5rpm but then not go back down to the 2 /2 .5 rpm that it should be running when running that speed!!same with going 40 km it started staying at 3rpm when it should be 1 .5 romi can make it change gears but pressing the break and it would drop and be normal . I went and got my transmission fluid changed and it seems to work and change gears better and drop rpm like it should until Intel to get on the high way and now it will almost res line getting to 120 before the rpm drop .. so after indid this yesterday in lower speens it changes fine. I have 141,000 lbs on the car is the tranny fucked it am I missing something here the more I'm researching this car the more I regret getting it only good thing about this car is the gas mileage ,, I dont have 3000$ to drop on a new tranny for a 4 year old car any help or suggestions would be amazing because I'm losing my mind and starting to hate this car lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
Those are the usual signs that the trans is gone.

Junk yard trans and have a smaller shop put it in is usually the cheapest route.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey I've own a 2014 versa note for the 2 years worked amazing as of a week ago trying to get speed up on the highway from 40 km to 100 Km the engine would shoot up to 5rpm but then not go back down to the 2 /2 .5 rpm that it should be running when running that speed!!same with going 40 km it started staying at 3rpm when it should be 1 .5 romi can make it change gears but pressing the break and it would drop and be normal . I went and got my transmission fluid changed and it seems to work and change gears better and drop rpm like it should until Intel to get on the high way and now it will almost res line getting to 120 before the rpm drop .. so after indid this yesterday in lower speens it changes fine. I have 141,000 lbs on the car is the tranny fucked it am I missing something here the more I'm researching this car the more I regret getting it only good thing about this car is the gas mileage ,, I dont have 3000$ to drop on a new tranny for a 4 year old car any help or suggestions would be amazing because I'm losing my mind and starting to hate this car lol
If you have a CVT transmission:

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Versa_Note/2014/transmission/transmission_failure.shtml

1 - 3 of 3 Posts