Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started thinking about potentially adding some upgrades but zero clue what I should do. Not really trying to go to the track at the moment but its something I'm interested in doing. Really interested in any remotely interesting cosmetic items such as body kits and am trying to figure out how id go about getting the crank handle windows converted to power. Also need an alarm. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think converting crank windows to power windows is going to cost much more than it's worth. 4 power window regulators, switches, relays, etc. then you'd need new interior door panels to make it look factory and a few hours to install it all. Last time I bought a power window regulator (probably 15-20 years ago) I got it out of a junkyard. If I remember correctly a new one was between $200-300, I bought used and think I paid $40 or $50 and this was an American made car. This being 15-20 years later and a foreign car there's no telling what it would cost. I know if it were me I'd crank a lot of windows before I'd go to the trouble and expense of converting.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think converting crank windows to power windows is going to cost much more than it's worth. 4 power window regulators, switches, relays, etc. then you'd need new interior door panels to make it look factory and a few hours to install it all. Last time I bought a power window regulator (probably 15-20 years ago) I got it out of a junkyard. If I remember correctly a new one was between $200-300, I bought used and think I paid $40 or $50 and this was an American made car. This being 15-20 years later and a foreign car there's no telling what it would cost. I know if it were me I'd crank a lot of windows before I'd go to the trouble and expense of converting.
Not to mention, if one wants factory power windows/locks, one has to get the BCM programmed at a dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Intake, exhaust and chip are always your start. No idea what for a versa.

So you have the stripped model? With a manual? Action clutch makes a stage 1 kit for it. I burnt through a few clutches before I got one.

Mine is just a commuter. I just commute quickly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts