Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have just joined this forum being as I just purchased my second Versa to replace my wife's aging 2002 Kia rio.

We already have a 2008 S Sedan which i was driving since early 2009 and now also have a 2008 SL Sedan. I loved our S so much decided to get another Versa.

I am now driving the SL and my wife has taken over the S.

I will post a pic of the SL soon as it has the factory Sport Package which I have not seen anywhere else yet.

I look forward to contributing to this forum as well as getting great advice and hopefully meet ups for Ontario GTA members!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
can't wait for pics! I only saw one sport package Sedan on a dealer lot back in 08 or so. I looked online and finally saw a pic of another one but other then those two never again. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
welcome!!!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Super rare right there. Nice ride.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forums. Glad to see more sedans.

As Rob said, very rare. Any plans for it?

Hi and thanks. For plans, I just got the tint and front deflector done. Will be installing a sun visor soon as I am getting a bit of wind noise from the sunroof when over 60km speed. Hopefully that will help reduce/eliminate noise.

Front all season treads are getting low (was enough to pass recent safety inspection) so I will need to change tires out this year.

Have got a loose heat shield above catalytic so Nissan Service will replace front pipe under warranty, which is sweet. Makes a low rattling noise when stopped and in gear from loose heat shield/rusted weld.

Might also get window deflectors installed later too. That's about it for now car is pretty well equipped.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Didn't even notice it had a sunroof until you just mentioned it. Wow it has all the bells and whistles. I'm going to try and get part numbers for the exterior bits from my nissan guy. I'm betting they aren't even available.

Any interior pics? Wonder if anything is different on the inside. Do you have folding rear seats and the armrest back there? I think that was standard on the SL model. Just curious.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Didn't even notice it had a sunroof until you just mentioned it. Wow it has all the bells and whistles. I'm going to try and get part numbers for the exterior bits from my nissan guy. I'm betting they aren't even available.

Any interior pics? Wonder if anything is different on the inside. Do you have folding rear seats and the armrest back there? I think that was standard on the SL model. Just curious.
Hi I will post some interior pics soon. Just got a lot of snow today and more coming tomorrow so will take some next week.

Yes, 60/40 folding rear seats, yes with built in armrest w/2 cupholders in it for rear occupants. It also has the Tech Package (bluetooth, stereo controls) on the wheel (opposite the cruise controls). Power moonroof, foglights, ABS Braking Package, Aluminum Alloys, Height-Adjustable Drivers Seat, 2 colour fabric interior. Btw, this is my first CVT and I love it! Really keeps the rev's down for fuel economy. I've just filled up so I don't have new range, but my 4sp Auto Versa S gets 450-550KM per tank fill in mainly city with some highway. If all highway, it gets over 600KM.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi I will post some interior pics soon. Just got a lot of snow today and more coming tomorrow so will take some next week.

Yes, 60/40 folding rear seats, yes with built in armrest w/2 cupholders in it for rear occupants. It also has the Tech Package (bluetooth, stereo controls) on the wheel (opposite the cruise controls). Power moonroof, foglights, ABS Braking Package, Aluminum Alloys, Height-Adjustable Drivers Seat, 2 colour fabric interior. Btw, this is my first CVT and I love it! Really keeps the rev's down for fuel economy. I've just filled up so I don't have new range, but my 4sp Auto Versa S gets 450-550KM per tank fill in mainly city with some highway. If all highway, it gets over 600KM.

Finally took a few snaps of interior pics. Here they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Hi and thanks. For plans, I just got the tint and front deflector done. Will be installing a sun visor soon as I am getting a bit of wind noise from the sunroof when over 60km speed. Hopefully that will help reduce/eliminate noise.

Front all season treads are getting low (was enough to pass recent safety inspection) so I will need to change tires out this year.

Have got a loose heat shield above catalytic so Nissan Service will replace front pipe under warranty, which is sweet. Makes a low rattling noise when stopped and in gear from loose heat shield/rusted weld.

Might also get window deflectors installed later too. That's about it for now car is pretty well equipped.
I had a moonroof visor on for a bit, but to be honest it didn't help with wind noise. The whistling noise you hear is probably from the hood deflector, as mine starting whistling when I first got it. I don't even notice it now, I think I've gotten used to it. If you ever get roof racks and want to open our sunroof, then you will want a fairing for the racks. Otherwise if you are carrying anything on the racks and want to open your roof, the noise will be unbearable.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a moonroof visor on for a bit, but to be honest it didn't help with wind noise. The whistling noise you hear is probably from the hood deflector, as mine starting whistling when I first got it. I don't even notice it now, I think I've gotten used to it. If you ever get roof racks and want to open our sunroof, then you will want a fairing for the racks. Otherwise if you are carrying anything on the racks and want to open your roof, the noise will be unbearable.
Hi thanks for info and feedback. The wind noise was from the moonroof not 100 % seated when closed. I took it to a sunroof/car glass shop and they adjusted it so it is much better now. I know the noise you are referring to via the hood deflector. I only get little noise when on highway and driving into wind on windy days. Not really noticeable.

I'm still going with a visor since I had one on another car long ago and it helped when open and driving cuts down on some wind noise. Understand about roof racks and yes may look at something this year. Have 3 sportracks for bikes that I would need to mount on a roof rack. But that is awhile off yet.

Yes GTA meetups keep me in the know please thanks.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
My sunroof actually wasn't aligned properly when I bought my car, so within the first year of owning it, it started leaking water inside the cabin. After arguing with Nissan they fixed it under warranty. It hasn't leaked since they fixed it :)

We usually meet at Krispy Kreme in Mississauga when we have meets. That work for you?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.