Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been lurking on this forum for some time. I've finally bitten the bullet & registered because I've come across some sad news for Tiida & Versa owners alike.

The Whiteline swaybar kit BNR16Z that suits the Nissan Tiida, Versa & Dodge Trazo, is no longer in production & Whiteline Australia no longer has any stock. This means the only swaybar available are the non adjustable Ultra Racing bars. Personally, I'm not a fan of the way that the Ultra Racing bars attach to the torsion beam & would prefer to install a swaybar that mounts in bushings & transmits force to the suspension via drop links like the Whiteline Bar.

I have been convinced by a mate to enter my car into Motorkhana events & it would have been preferable to set the car up with more neutral handling than the usual understeer of a FWD car. My only hope is that the new 2013 Pulsar Hatch has the same suspension design & mounting holes as the Tiida (Versa) & that Whiteline decide to reproduce the swaybar.

There are a couple of other possible alternatives, though I remain doubtful that either are viable.

1) Someone has a secondhand Whiteline Swaybar for sale (in Australia)
2) Someone with a Whiteline Swaybar could take accurate measurements of the bar, that I could get a custom bar made. Unfortunately, the majority of Automotive manufacturing in Australia is in the Eastern States, so it isn't viable for me to take my car to a custom shop to have a bar made.

Apologies for such a long first post & thanks for all the past (& future) information this forum has provided.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi guys,

I've been lurking on this forum for some time. I've finally bitten the bullet & registered because I've come across some sad news for Tiida & Versa owners alike.

The Whiteline swaybar kit BNR16Z that suits the Nissan Tiida, Versa & Dodge Trazo, is no longer in production & Whiteline Australia no longer has any stock. This means the only swaybar available are the non adjustable Ultra Racing bars. Personally, I'm not a fan of the way that the Ultra Racing bars attach to the torsion beam & would prefer to install a swaybar that mounts in bushings & transmits force to the suspension via drop links like the Whiteline Bar.

I have been convinced by a mate to enter my car into Motorkhana events & it would have been preferable to set the car up with more neutral handling than the usual understeer of a FWD car. My only hope is that the new 2013 Pulsar Hatch has the same suspension design & mounting holes as the Tiida (Versa) & that Whiteline decide to reproduce the swaybar.

There are a couple of other possible alternatives, though I remain doubtful that either are viable.

1) Someone has a secondhand Whiteline Swaybar for sale (in Australia)
2) Someone with a Whiteline Swaybar could take accurate measurements of the bar, that I could get a custom bar made. Unfortunately, the majority of Automotive manufacturing in Australia is in the Eastern States, so it isn't viable for me to take my car to a custom shop to have a bar made.

Apologies for such a long first post & thanks for all the past (& future) information this forum has provided.
FYI, they are still available here in the US but once they are out that will be it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Sad to hear. There are a few parts for the V that have come and gone fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts