1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=7103

Ok...I have some questions.

Has anybody put this on their vehicle?
Has anybody seen these on another vehicle?
Don't you need ballasts or are they in there?
Is it safe?

I would love to put these on my vehicle. I have learned that you cannot just replace halogen bulbs with hid bulbs. The beam will not be focused. The light will be very scattered, which give you less usable light for the road. It will also create a lot of glare for oncoming vehicles. This is also illegal. As for hid conversions, I have read that you need a ballast to control the power for the lights. I have also heard that if hid conversions or swapping poorly made converted headlamps can create a small fire.

If you guys don't know, I will call the company and ask some questions.
---> con-**cking-fused :sosp:

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
i am not to sure on the specs or anything, yes if its not wired to handle the load it can cause a small fire, which will most likely lead to a big fire, I would check with them, if they are selling them and are a repitable place they are probably made to specs,

I have not done any work on HID's before, if you want just a little more extra light sylvania silverstars are pretty nice.

Thoose black lenses look pretty sweet though, I almost want to try and see if the baking in the oven trick would work for me to paint them black like I did on the ranger.

Be sure to let us know what you decide to do with it.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
8 months man that sucks, the ones in the ranger lasted 2 years, but it could be the design on the headlights i know to get brighter they are hotter, and dont last as long but 8 months that sucks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i asked this questoin on nico. i too wanted to get these lights and put HIDs in them. i guess you can't :( GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
could you just point the lights more downward? i wish we could just have a solid beam of light. i don't wanna spend like 800-1000 bux on JDM projectors

·
Registered
551 Posts
mine look exactly like that...but my boyfriend bought them for me so idk what kind they are
i do have hid's in mine...4500K and yes there is a ballast that needs to go with them like any hid's...ones mounted on the passenger side right above the fender where that open space is and the other sit on top of my fuse box cover i believe. i've had them for about a month or so now and i've had no trouble, no signs of anything being too hot. you will need to adjust the spread height but its incredibly simple. but i absolutely love mine!

heres a few pics of mine for you to see...

·
Registered
613 Posts
you guys are lucky, my projectors died on me and im back to stock

·
Registered
117 Posts
i just got these. how do you adjust them? i just had to ride with the highs on cause the lows were pretty much pointing directly down, only like 20 feet vis

·
Registered
502 Posts
mine look exactly like that...but my boyfriend bought them for me so idk what kind they are
i do have hid's in mine...4500K and yes there is a ballast that needs to go with them like any hid's...ones mounted on the passenger side right above the fender where that open space is and the other sit on top of my fuse box cover i believe. i've had them for about a month or so now and i've had no trouble, no signs of anything being too hot. you will need to adjust the spread height but its incredibly simple. but i absolutely love mine!

heres a few pics of mine for you to see...

headlight win. just cant get over how sweet these look. and they have a great light spread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
paulieman
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing