Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some brighter headlights, and yup, you guessed it, I want to know what you guys think. Brighter Halogen bulbs? Xenon bulbs? or an HID conversion? Obviously HID has the downfall of being more expensive, but is it worth the extra cost? Let me know what you guys think! I want to upgrade/put in new bulbs in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
its worth the extra to get projectors and xenons, but if you do, dont get them together, get a quality xenon set separate

The look changes completely, it will def look higher class

P.S. Once you go xenon, u prob wont like halogen lights anymore

·
Registered
613 Posts
its worth the extra to get projectors and xenons, but if you do, dont get them together, get a quality xenon set separate

The look changes completely, it will def look higher class

P.S. Once you go xenon, u prob wont like halogen lights anymore
IMO you should just go HID go to https://www.ddmtuning.com/ myself and others have bought from them and have been very pleased with the results

and in my experience with my 6000k HIDs, I can see so much better and so much more of the road at night and in bad weather including rain and snow

but thats just my two cents

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have HID on my versa in headlight and fog light and I can see better than the halogen... and the car looks nice!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I need to buy new headlights to get the HID's? I wasn't sure if an HID kit would work with the stock headlights. Sounds expensive...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
No need for different headlight, HIDs are pretty much plug-n-play. They are designed to replace existing halogen bulbs and fit just right on the existing housing. As bboy suggested you should look into ddmtuning.com. They have very competitive prices. Just make sure you choose the correct size kit. Good luck =)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I'll check out ddm. How do you guys like the HID's in comparison to the halogens?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WHile looking at the DDM website, I see a few options available. I was thinking of going with 6000's, what do you think? Also, 35 watt or 55 watt? And we need the h4 hi/lo bulb correct? everything looks like its gonna be pretty inexpensive form them. I like it!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
6K sounds good to me. The 35 and 55 just refer to the brightness of the kit. Obviously 55 will be brighter but most people go with 35, it's more than sufficient. Some cars need the 55 but that's not our case. And in comparison to halogens, HIDs knocks it out of the park, meaning way better than halogens. Not to mention they last longer too. You can't beat their price =)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did you guys just select the bulbs and then call it good, or did you need any of the relays/wiring harnesses? Also, it doesn't have any input for the specific vehicle, so does the H4 bulb just use a universal wiring harness? most other sellers require you to put in your vehicle year make and model, so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i didnt choose for wiring harnesses/relays

for my kit i choose the route of 600k bi-xenon 35w (hi/lo - meaning i can use both my low beams and high beams, if you don't choose this option you will only have your headlights use low beams)

no need to worry about them being vehicle specific its all about what your bulb size is, then from there its just swapping out your OEM bulbs for the HID bulbs and then connecting the ballasts and the wiring that comes with the kit. It was actually pretty easy and i'm pretty novice when it comes to car stuff :p as well ddm tuning also gives you advice in the FAQ's

I've also added a screen capture

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks bboy! That was exactly the information I was looking for. Ill be ordering these soon. I'm definitely gonna go for the 6000's, cause they look CLEAN. If only I had fogs I could HID. Ill have to look into adding those now too. Ill probably go yellow though, cause I do drive through the fog a lot.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
As long as you know what your particular vehicle bulb size is you don't need to input any model or year. As for the harness it depends, the kit by it self should work with no problem. "Use the relay harness to connect HIDs to cars with very small gauge wiring that cannot supply the initial surge current required to light the bulbs reliably." This is what it says on the site, from my experience we don't need them. Just read their description on each kit and you'll know what you need and what you don't. Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I'm trying to convince my fiancee to get me a set for the versa :)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These will be ordered next week when I get PAID! I'm excited.

And even more exciting, MY GIRLFRIEND APPROVES OF THIS MOD!!!

She thinks the lights look really cool and she says she wants them for her car too. She also wants to do the Audi style led's under her headlights, so now I have to figure out how to do that too.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have HID on my versa in headlight and fog light and I can see better than the halogen... and the car looks nice!

What do you have for bulbs? 6000, 8000...?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Base on past experience with DDM, it would not hurt to buy an extra ballast or so since they go out randomly and quite fast.

You will be fine just getting the standard kit w/o all the extra stuff, no need.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the tip. Work screwed up my check, so I have to wait to order them, but hopefully they will be ordered next week.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
has anyone with a CAI installed HID's?? I see no way of getting the bulbs in and out without removing the piping.. Looks like I'm gonna have to take apart the entire bumper to get it out. Getting the CAI in the first time was a pain, so I'd rather not take it out.. does anybody know an easier way????

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.