Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Bi-Xenon bulbs work with any ballast, or do they require a special one?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So as long as the watts match than it should be ok. Thanks that helps. BTW any idea why a Bi-Xenon kit would not work for the high beams other than bad bulbs?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If ur talking the high low bulbs yes it will work. If they are the high low they require this power inverter thing. Hooks up to the batt. I put them in the women versa. Pain in the ass.
Power Inverter? How does it look? The kit came with a relay switch but thats for flickering I believe. I didn't hook it up cause it's only if the light flicker obiously but mine don't. Think that might be it? I'll take a picture of it tonight and post it tomorrow morning, hopefully you can tell me if it's the same thing.

·
Banned
455 Posts
the versa don't have a flickering issue. atleast from what i have seen. the relay could be for the high low bean. it hooks up to the batt. and has two grounds. it also feed both ballast. ill try to get a picture if i can. the relay that hooks to the batt. just gives it more power for when you do use the high bean. with out it, it wont get enough watts to turn the high beans on

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have DRLs? Pull out the DRL fuse. The DRL cuts the draw to power the ballast, which causes flickering. And you only need the relay if you must use it to bypass the DRL, if you still want it on.
There's no DRL for the Versa that I know of so it shouldn't have a fuse for it. Unless I do have DRL and don't even know it lol.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is? Thank god, though I was gonna have to return it. Thanks man, I'll hook it up and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
There's no DRL for the Versa that I know of so it shouldn't have a fuse for it. Unless I do have DRL and don't even know it lol.
In Canada for the last ~15 years or so all new cars are sold with DRL's. I found this thread in my search for disabling mine because I just bought a Bi-Xenon kit.

So its really just as easy as pulling the DRL fuse? Nothing else is on that fuse? I'm debating wiring in my fogs as DRL's and then I just have the Bi-Xenons for my headlights. I know someone on here has done that too.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
In Canada for the last ~15 years or so all new cars are sold with DRL's. I found this thread in my search for disabling mine because I just bought a Bi-Xenon kit.

So its really just as easy as pulling the DRL fuse? Nothing else is on that fuse? I'm debating wiring in my fogs as DRL's and then I just have the Bi-Xenons for my headlights. I know someone on here has done that too.
Yea I pulled the DRL fuse myself. What's your colour temp and wattage? I got 4300K, still looks stock but much brighter.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yea I pulled the DRL fuse myself. What's your colour temp and wattage? I got 4300K, still looks stock but much brighter.
I also got 4300k 55w. They are the brightest and whitest you can get. I think I am just going to pull the fuse. I was thinking of running the fogs as DRL's but I don't know if I will or not now.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I also got 4300k 55w. They are the brightest and whitest you can get. I think I am just going to pull the fuse. I was thinking of running the fogs as DRL's but I don't know if I will or not now.
I gotta work on my won set of foglights. Princess auto has a cheap LED 3.5" fog set, doesn't illuminate much, only for looks. Gotta hack in an H3 HID kit for cheap, with a beam shield.

You can possibly find the DRL wiring diagram and splice it to your foglights.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You can possibly find the DRL wiring diagram and splice it to your foglights.
Kind of what I was thinking, my friend/neighbour has Mitchells on demand, so I have access to wiring diagrams, but I was wondering, if I power the fogs with the DRL relay, will they still be on when I turn the headlights/highbeams on?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.