Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 2015 Versa Note SC with 181,000kms for sale in my area. I was wondering if it’s a good decision to purchase it or are the kms a little high. I want the car to last at least 5 years and I am concerned it won’t due to having such high kms. Let me know your opinions thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Price seems twice what its worth. Is it stick or automatic? If stick Id offer them 2500 tops at that. If cvt Id keep looking. If its a 4 speed Id offer then a grand.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I owned my 2007 Versa SL for 11 years. I have a 1991 Honda Civic and a 2006 Honda Accord. I will not buy another Nissan because of the Nissan engineering. I think Nissan cars are designed to maximize the income of dealer service department. e.g. The intake manifold is mounted on top of the engine. 30 minutes job to changing spark plugs turns out to be 2 hours because mechanic has to remove the intake manifold before changing spark plugs. If you do not want to pay Nissan expensive repair/maintenance on a high mileage Versa, look somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Try working on an 8th gen civic or later honda. Not only do you need to remove the intake to get to the plugs you also need to remove the part of the firewall, wipers, windshield cowl to get there. My insight had 2 plugs per cylinder and it was involved to get it done, but at least its a 100 thousand mile thing.

The longer intake gives more lower end torque.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Shoot guys the foreign cars aren't the only ones with problem repairs: On several Corvettes you have to remove the motor mounts and jack up the engine to change the spark plugs.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Never mind the exotic ones. Many have what they call engine out service where the engine has to be removed. There is a video floating around youtube where an oil change cost 20 grand on one of those v16 super cars.

Hell, back in the day I use to work at a machine shop that serviced tractors. Many required you to split them unbolt the engine from the tranny or tranny from the differential to service stuff. And those tractors were freaking huge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing