Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Versa hatchback. As of the last month, the RPM has run high when idle. My dad said it's starting as high as 2000 right now. It drops and then revs back up, over and over. Once put in to drive, the RPM drops. When the AC is cut on, it drops even lower. While driving, the RPM has even dropped to 0 before jumping back up. About a year ago, the RPM would drop to 0 and the car would cut off WHILE DRIVING! We took the car to 2 separate Nissan dealers, one of which, kept the car for over 2 weeks and found nothing wrong! After a couple days of having it back home, the car stopped cutting off all of a sudden. Now, suddenly it's back to having issues. My dad is a mechanic and has been working on it for a couple weeks. He's at a total loss as to what is causing this.

Has anyone else had this issue?? I had hoped to keep the car since it is paid off and I don't want a car payment. Lol. But, if we can't drive it safely, I may need to look into a new vehicle.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have an 07 Versa hatchback. As of the last month, the RPM has run high when idle. My dad said it's starting as high as 2000 right now. It drops and then revs back up, over and over. Once put in to drive, the RPM drops. When the AC is cut on, it drops even lower. While driving, the RPM has even dropped to 0 before jumping back up. About a year ago, the RPM would drop to 0 and the car would cut off WHILE DRIVING! We took the car to 2 separate Nissan dealers, one of which, kept the car for over 2 weeks and found nothing wrong! After a couple days of having it back home, the car stopped cutting off all of a sudden. Now, suddenly it's back to having issues. My dad is a mechanic and has been working on it for a couple weeks. He's at a total loss as to what is causing this.

Has anyone else had this issue?? I had hoped to keep the car since it is paid off and I don't want a car payment. Lol. But, if we can't drive it safely, I may need to look into a new vehicle.

Dirty injectors, dirty fuel filter, dirty egr, pcv valve, failing O2 sensors, vacuum leak....and add some dry gas, and Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner. Don't know if you fill up at the same gas station all the time, but you may be picking up some bad fuel.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Sounds like either an air leak somewhere or the itac(SP?) idle servo is acting up. What is the AFR? Any codes?

What if you spray the hoses under the hook with wd40, does it get better or worse?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts