Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just like the title says. I went to work at 8am this morning, and I come out at 4:10pm to go home, and some hit my Sentra in the drivers side door. Yes, I know, the car was parked! There are smudges, scratch, and a nice dent in the drivers side door. So of course, PETCO doesnt have cameras, and I went next door to target, and the security man wont be back till thursday, so then we can see what happened. I called allstate, and they said it was not at fault, and wed. at 4:30, I have to drive the car up to this place for them to get an estimate on what needs to be done. They will either fix it, or give me the money to have it fixed, and a rental car if I need it. I hate this. There goes my resale value on a 9 month old New car. I hate people. But thats ok, cause Karmas a bitch, and I hope one day someone totals there car while its parked, and the person runs from the scene.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know how that feels! It's on private property too, booo...

I traded in my Miata for a Versa. Boy, that thing was a magnet. I had it for 2 years and it was hit at least 4 times and someone sliced open my canvas top. Gotta love Memphis. Ugh.

When they did the Carfax it showed no accidents though! One time I even slid on black ice and ran it into the curb. I got a pretty penny even with some cosmetic damage that it had, so maybe you'll luck out too.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
that sucks!!!!!!

take it to a place that can fix it real good and make it look brand new again, that's what insurance is for so it will be okay. Good thing your insurance is not making you pay a deductable or anything, that's really good, plus a rental =)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I don't know about a deductible just yet. I may have one. But the rental is on them. If anything my deductible is $250, and it'll prolly cost $600, so I'm still good. But ill find out later, and I want genuine nissan parts too, not just aftermarket. So it will be done right.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That sucks man. You're lucky you have such a low deductible though, now that I think about it that's extremely low for what finance companies usually demand. Mine is 500 for ex. and it can't be a penny less cause NMAC doesn't allow it =(

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its not bad at all. Especially if they have to replace the door which is pushing $600. So I know I want gunuine nissan parts, and it better not be junk yard parts. New parts only. I've too many horried stories on here about stuff like that. Well ill find out in about 1.5 hours.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the dent is to deep and narrow to just pop out, so they will need to do soem serious work. Its gonna cost about $500-600. I have a $250 deduticible, and right now I need to find out if my rates will go up after this, and how much. So I had to leave a message with the adjuster from allstate and I will get a call back before 10am thursday morning. So I need to wait, and find out whats going on with this, and I will make my final desicion.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Allstate or State Farm holds a deposit on your account until you kroke or get another insurance provider. You never get your deposit back if you are a active member.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sucks man. You're lucky you have such a low deductible though, now that I think about it that's extremely low for what finance companies usually demand. Mine is 500 for ex. and it can't be a penny less cause NMAC doesn't allow it =(
What??? I have NMAC as well for my sentra. Somethings not right, lol.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Allstate or State Farm holds a deposit on your account until you kroke or get another insurance provider. You never get your deposit back if you are a active member.
What do you mean by deposit? I havent given them any money yet. I give them $250 if I want them to fix my car. But if my rates go up a bunch, I may just save up the money, and pay out of pocket. Ill know by tomarow.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
never heard of an insurance that holds a deposit.

did paint come off the door? I know a local shop that can pull dents from the inside out for 250.00 as long as there's no damage to the paint and many other factors of course.
if the door doesn't shut good or something, they can line it up for 50.00 as long as there's no body damage around the fender. that's the cheap way, the expensive way is replacing everything with new parts, door and paint and labor hours

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well they said that because of the type of dent it is, they would have too replace the door. So im affraid these other places wont be able to help me.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So the 1800 # from allstate, the adjuster, and my agent said that im at a 0, which is Not at fault accident. So because im a 0, my rates will not go up. I will pay the $250, and allstate will handle the rest. So I am going out of town fri, sat, and sun, and then I will drop the car off on mon at modern automotive body shop to have it fixed. It will take 3 days. They will give me a rental up to $30/day. So im happy. Now as far as target, now they are saying I need a police report in order to see footage, thats BS. Whatever, I may just forget that now that allstate is paying for it. Yeah I still have $250 to pay, but still how long would it take to get a cop, look at footage, and IF they catch anything. There cameras move all the time, its not in one spot all day. Target has some rude people anyways, I never liked them, and never will.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
So the 1800 # from allstate, the adjuster, and my agent said that im at a 0, which is Not at fault accident. So because im a 0, my rates will not go up. I will pay the $250, and allstate will handle the rest. So I am going out of town fri, sat, and sun, and then I will drop the car off on mon at modern automotive body shop to have it fixed. It will take 3 days. They will give me a rental up to $30/day. So im happy. Now as far as target, now they are saying I need a police report in order to see footage, thats BS. Whatever, I may just forget that now that allstate is paying for it. Yeah I still have $250 to pay, but still how long would it take to get a cop, look at footage, and IF they catch anything. There cameras move all the time, its not in one spot all day. Target has some rude people anyways, I never liked them, and never will.
so target is saying they need a police report to see footage of their own cameras? don't they have their own security people? that's weird man.

Glad to hear all state will fix the damage and not increase your rate. very well done man :thumb2:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so target is saying they need a police report to see footage of their own cameras? don't they have their own security people? that's weird man.

Glad to hear all state will fix the damage and not increase your rate. very well done man :thumb2:
Yep, thats exactly what they are saying. Their cameras, but I guess I need some kind of proof. I know its stupid. I was gonna get into, but I figured they would call the police on me for getting loud, so I let it go, and if allstate wants it, they can go for it!! Im just glad its being fixed, and my rates arent going up, whew!!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I got sparky back today, and it looks good, but they are gonna take him back on monday cause the I-key isnt responding to the drivers door button, and there is a small dust particle in the paint, so they are gonna redo the paint. He said they will give me a rental for those couple days. I just had a 2011 camry LE that I turned in today, and I really liked it. The steering, brake and gas pedal were way to loose. Other than that, I really liked it. It had the tiptronic tranny, and that was a blast! I wounder what ill get next.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts