Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever changed their plugs?

According to the manual, the intake manifold has to come off and the coolant drained.....

tell me I'm reading this wrong :confused5:

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have no idea....but i have to work today so i will look the specs for it up.
i should know by about 1800 or so..
and ill get u directions for if u want to do it urself.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Has anyone ever changed their plugs?

According to the manual, the intake manifold has to come off and the coolant drained.....

tell me I'm reading this wrong :confused5:
Have you ever looked under your hood? Yes the intake manifold has to come off as it is right above the plugs. As far as draining coolant I am unsure. Some intake manifolds have coolant running through them and if that is the case with the versa then yes it needs to be drained.

The plugs are good for 100k miles or so which means you only have to do this 2-3 times realistically.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I had an idea the manifold had to come off, that bit was fairly clear but draining the coolant? Guess I am old skool :S

I've clocked 107,000km's so my plugs are way overdue and I think my engine light flashed briefly tonight :(

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Yeah I had an idea the manifold had to come off, that bit was fairly clear but draining the coolant? Guess I am old skool :S

I've clocked 107,000km's so my plugs are way overdue and I think my engine light flashed briefly tonight :(
Our plugs aren't due for a change until 100k miles. I would say you got a bit to go on your plugs. What is it 160,000km's for the major tune up?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah these plugs need changing after 100,000km's apparently. Well, according to my NGK rep.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, well although a laborious task for a simple job, its not really that hard to do.

Grabbed the video camera out halfway through, will try get some time to edit a half arsed tutorial together this week for you.

Few handy hints in there if you decided to do this yourself.

Oh and if you're running these plugs they last 100,000km, not miles. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts