Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Wolo Bad Boy air horn, and even though it says it works on OEM systems, I'm guessing it fried my horn relay, but before I buy a new relay, I want to make sure that the horn itself didn't go kaput. I reinstalled the OEM horn, but can't remember which terminal gets the green wire, and which gets the black (when looking from the front of the car).

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/how-tos/261-how-aftermarket-horn.html says the green is on the left, but doesn't state whether it's when you are looking at it from the front of the car (where it would be on the passenger side), or on the left side of the car (the drivers side). Insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey, I am only 50% sure on this one, but I think it doesn't matter which side goes where for a horn at the actual horn itself (I could be wrong). Worst that will happen is that you need to switch the polarity if it doesn't work. My guess is that your relay did not fry but your fuse blew did you check the fuse? That went for me the second time I used my aftermarket horn, the relay was luckily fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the horn fuse? I couldn't find it in the in cabin fuse panel nor in the box with the relay.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Where is the horn fuse? I couldn't find it in the in cabin fuse panel nor in the box with the relay.
It was in the smaller fuse box near the stock air filter intake, it's about 1.5 inches by 8 inches (the fuse box). I forget which fuse it is but it was labeled. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll take a picture for you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I coulddn't find a 10A fuse for the horn, just the relay on the right side of the box, next to a 50A fuse. A photo would be great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update - Took it into the dealer, the entire assembly had shorted out. I'm not sure this is 100% the Wolo's fault, as we have been essentially underwater here in South Jersey during August (the OEM horn started getting a little weak(er) ), and the Wolo kicked out this past weekend during some rain. I'm left half wondering if the enormous amounts of moisture didn't play the key role here.

Either way, horn is fixed, and I'm back to the wussy OEM one. I don't know if I want to risk the Wolo again since I don't have a root cause.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts