Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, it depends on which one you got, I would say it is most likely the 1.8 which has 122 horse power.

It should say on your registration (I am not sure where you are from but it should say it on your registration)

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you have the original engine, there are two stickers that tell you the engine that you have. The first is located on the underside of the hood. It is a black sticker with white letters and it is for emissions. Just read it carefully and it will note the displacement of the engine, either 1.8 or 1.6. The second place to look for the engine info is on the VIN sticker on the driver side door pillar. The sticker has some bar code. Starting from the bottom and reading up, there is going to be a black line in the middle of the information. Just under that mark is the engine information. If your V has a 1.8L, the information will have the code MR18DE in the middle. If you have the 1.6L, then the information just under this line will have a code that reads HR16DE.
Have fun!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have the original engine, there are two stickers that tell you the engine that you have. The first is located on the underside of the hood. It is a black sticker with white letters and it is for emissions. Just read it carefully and it will note the displacement of the engine, either 1.8 or 1.6. The second place to look for the engine info is on the VIN sticker on the driver side door pillar. The sticker has some bar code. Starting from the bottom and reading up, there is going to be a black line in the middle of the information. Just under that mark is the engine information. If your V has a 1.8L, the information will have the code MR18DE in the middle. If you have the 1.6L, then the information just under this line will have a code that reads HR16DE.
Have fun!
You are right thank you! Can we actually tell the different between the 1.8 and 2.0?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes in this pic I'm posting there is a 1.8 lettering (on group) so I guess it is 1.8. I'm falling in love with it anyhow even it's a basic package. Do these tranny last long?
And am I reading it right is that my size of engine on my car? Thanks.

Jaime C.
I'm sorry I can't answer that =\ I have a 5-speed, but @ 38k miles it's just as strong as day 1.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Well since you said 2010 with CVT, then you have the 1.8 or MR18DE. The 07-11 with cvt were only availible with the 1.8. It has 122hp with 127lb torque. Hope this helps, ;)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If it's a hatch it's definitely 1.8, they don't make 1.6 for hatches. Plus if the car is red it can't be 1.6 cause they only come in silver. =)

·
Banned
342 Posts
CVT transmissions have a 10 year 200000km warranty. So it doesnt matter much if they are long living. lol

someone mentioned the physical difference between a 1.8 and a 2.0. You cant see a difference between the two unless you take the pistons out of the block. I swapped the 2.0 into my car already. I couldnt imagine driving the 1.6

·
Registered
114 Posts
You are right thank you! Can we actually tell the different between the 1.8 and 2.0?
The 2.0 as far as I know, is only found in the Sentra not the Versa. However, I have read that if you can get your hands on a 2.0, you can swap for the 1.8 with little modifications needed. Just remember that these engines were made for fuel efficiency, not for burning rubber. This was the reason why I bought a Versa and I am very happy with the performance and reliability I have gotten out of the engine.:woot:

·
Banned
342 Posts
The 2.0 as far as I know, is only found in the Sentra not the Versa. However, I have read that if you can get your hands on a 2.0, you can swap for the 1.8 with little modifications needed. Just remember that these engines were made for fuel efficiency, not for burning rubber. This was the reason why I bought a Versa and I am very happy with the performance and reliability I have gotten out of the engine.:woot:
Actually you would be amazed how much difference the 2.0 makes. With an exhaust added, maybe some head work my car will touch 180hp. Thats huge power for the lil car. Remember an ser sentra with a 2.5 is about 500lbs heavier than a versa and only 175hp. even a spec v is 200hp. Now boost the 2.0 and it will fly

Oh and i get way better fuel economy with my 2.0. Nissan shoulda just used it in the car

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.